Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



CHANDLER
The last time I was in Chandler, AZ was about 3 years ago. And I remembered every reason why I liked living there.

1. Lee Lee's. Wow, it has become so huge and organized! This Asian store had everything I like from back home (Pinas). From Master's fried sardines pulutan (appetizer), Barrio Fiesta chili bagoong (shrimp paste - yum!), tuyo (dried fish), dried squid, marinated boneless bangus from Mindanao and several authentic Asian goodies. There are Asian stores here in the Hillsboro area but they don't sell a lot of Filipino stuff. It saddens me a bit. Specially when I get homesick. So guess what I carried in my luggage today? :P
2. Long Wong's. This Mexican joint serves nasty, spicy and ultra-delicious Buffalo wings! You can choose from mild, medium and suicide. Guess which one I go for? And not bad for $4/dozen.
3. Asian restos. From Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese.. lots to choose from. And very helpful for someone who doesn't cook much (understatement!). Very unlike Hillsboro. Good thing we have Thai Orchid here.
4. Infrastructure. Chandler is a well-planned city. The map is easy to read as the city is cut in blocks. Very convenient for a navigational idiot like moi. Hehe.
5. Weather. I like it sunny! Of course, I'm a Filipino and I grew up in warm, humid and tropical Philippines. So I don't mind the 90F summers here. I'm used to that. But cold and wet? No. No. No.
6. People. Very diverse. There are more Asian residents here. Lots of Filipinos and the feeling of community is strong. I miss the regular karaoke sessions we used to have!
7. Malls and mini-malls. And Hillsboro has well, lots of trees. Not that I mind that, but hell, I'm city-bred and I get naseous when I don't go shopping at least once a week. Hihihi.

Reasons why I like it now:
1. In n Out Burger has conquered Chandler. My fave burgers and fries!
2. Chandler Fashion Center. I'm a mall-lover. And the killer of course is the Starbucks with a view of the colored fountains.
3. Saw more familiar faces. Specially one person who I was quite fond of. He took care of me. He was there for me. But things are the way they are. And better left at that. It was good to see you again. And no, I still don't think I look like Ruthie (7th Heaven). But thank you. I guess. :)

Am back in Hillsboro now. Home for the next few months. Am here, curling up in my comfy couch. And though I love Chandler, and happy to make that short trip to a place where I liked everything including the memories, this is still home. No matter that it sometimes reminds me of a past I've been trying to move on from. I'm home.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com