Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



PINOY FRIDAY FIVE
via Ellen (nice idea, btw :))

1. What soap operas did you watch as a kid?

Flor de Luna, and sometimes Ana Liza, starring young Janice de Belen and the late Julie Vega. I also remember watching Yagit and Heredero (both of which I only remember now from Ellen's post).. And there's this one sort of mini-serye, I guess, which was about this Japanese straggler and it starred a very young Romnick Sarmenta and Jonee Gamboa (I think) as the Japanese.

2. What were your favorite childhood street games?

I didn't play a lot of street games because my parents were kind of strict about us going out of the house. Later on, though, when I was in high school, I got to play tubig-tubig (patintero in Tagalog), Japanese game, bato-lata (tumbang-preso), syatong and piko. Note - a lot of these terms are Cebuano. Dunno some of the Tagalog equivalent.

3. Name some of your favorite Pinoy food.





Lechon Cebu, Pork Barbeque of Cebu (I swear I've never tasted anything as delicious as our Larsian barbeque and the like), Balbacua (again, I think Cebuano dish), Sisig (I like the Dencio's variety and Congo Grill's tuna sisig), Daing na Bangus (boneless, of course), Lucban chorizo, Sinigang na Hipon

(This is hard cause it's lunchtime now. And since I don't cook, I'm kinda feeling really homesick right now :))

*photo courtesy of malapascua.de

4. Where have you been around the Philippines aside from your present location?

I grew up in Cebu and moved to Manila to live, and I work in Cavite. Visayas: Bohol, Iloilo, Bacolod. Luzon: Quezon (Lucena, Tayabas, Lucban), Bicol (Naga City and Legazpi City), Olongapo (Subic), Pampanga, Baguio, Tarlac, Batangas, Laguna. Mindanao: Ozamis City.

5. What do you think is the definitive Philippine landmark?

Probably Roxas Blvd. It's not really a landmark, but everytime I drive by, I really know I'm home.. There's a view of Manila Bay on one side (the sleazy clubs on the other, haha), the traffic caused by our colorful jeepneys and hand-me-down (Japanese) buses, the smog, Baclaran...






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com