Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



SOMETHING'S GOTTA GIVE


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This has gotta be one of the funniest romantic comedies I've ever seen in years since maybe, My Best Friend's Wedding. I like it because even if the story revolves around an old couple, you won't cringe at the May-December affair like you would Madam Auring and her soon-to-be husband.

The story between the two lead characters, Harry and Erika, transcends age. It makes it all the more endearing though that it is happening to them. The guy, a classic womanizer who has commitment issues, finally gets it, at 63. In the same token, the divorced successful playright, finally falls head over heels in love, even after 20 years of marriage. I was laughing at the part where after having her heart broken by Harry, Erika sobbed for days, while doing just about anything, even while showering. Reminded me of me (so I'm not abnormal, after all? hehehe).. In fact, I was just doing an Erika a few minutes ago... And though I myself don't get it, I still love my ex.. I've been trying to forget that by going out, keeping myself busy, having distractions, drinking... but there are days like this that I just hurt. Like Erika said "You can't outsmart getting hurt".. No matter how much you try to self-protect yourself, when you open yourself up to love, you also open yourself up to some amount of pain.. Specially when you lose the person you love... Like her, I cannot do this loving and leaving thing. Not just cut out for that.

Jack Nicholson is such a charmer. You gotta love this guy. Diane Keaton is one hot post-menopausal woman. Great performance, both of them.. The movie is set in New York, making it all the more attractive. The scenes in The Hamptons and Paris completes that romantic backdrop.

Another plus to the movie is that Maroon 5's Sunday morning is part of the soundtrack.. Yey. =)

"But things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do
Sunday morning rain is falling and I'm calling out to you
Singing someday it'll bring me back to you
Find a way to bring myself home to you" - Sunday Morning (Maroon 5)

Labels:






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com