Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



PICTURE PERFECT


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



"There are millions of people in the world, and the spirits will see that most of them you never have to meet. But there are one or two you are tied to, and the spirits will cross you back and forth, threading so many knots until they catch and you finally get it right." - Picture Perfect, Jodi Picoult


It's been while since I've read a book and not want to put it down. True, it was not a literary masterpiece, nowhere near, but like I said, the subject is close to my heart, so close my mind would sometimes wander to that time in a not-so-distant past. People always ask why a smart woman can endure abuse without leaving or fighting back, and my only answer to that is - you don't know what it's like until you find yourself at the receiving end of the physical and emotional blows. Love indeed is mysterious.

The book was so real to me, and sometimes surreal, I guess, the glitz and glamour of Hollywood can always draw crowds. Why else would gossip blogs/magazines thrive like that. In fact, twitter is so popular not so much for connection with real friends, but for that seeming connection with people you only see on the screen, big or small. I agree with most people who reviewed the book - there were times when I had to flip through a couple more pages because I found the pace too slow. And there were so many subplots interwoven into the novel but partially unexplored. I would have loved it if Ophelia was a bigger character, or that the story stayed more in Cassie's self-discovery when she stayed in the South Dakota reservation. Personally, after a few chapters, I already got how deep her love was for Alex Rivers. I didn't think it needed to be repeated over and over. We get it. Love makes us endure things we don't normally do, to take in all the hurt, to prevent confrontation, to forget fear, or simply because we love.

I like the lines I quoted above. I truly believe that. R was a long lost old flame. When we found each other again, it was as if we've been looking for each other since the day we last spent time together. One of my exes now works in the same office, and we're doing more of what we always planned on doing together but never got to sustain because it was over too soon between us - eat out frequently, have lunch together during break time, play badminton, have conversations about life and work... Of course, there are no romantic connections now, but there's a connection there nevertheless. And how about that friend who help get me through my dark days? I was thinking about the things he told me about patterns and history repeating itself because we secretly seek it, when he suddenly texted me out of the blue. If that is not crossing us back and forth, I don't know what is.

Overall, I found the book an interesting read - certainly flawed like the characters, but we love them anyways.

Labels: , , , ,






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com