Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



CRAZY WEEKEND
Taking a quick break from my mini-break :) Am not really on hiatus, and I'm feeling better than ever, thank you.. :) I might be spending less time on this blog than I would like to, though.. But I'll be around. Ako pa :)

IT'S GETTING HOT IN HERE
We got together last Friday in another apartment. Pizza, beer, charades... and a another angry neighbor :P She didn't even wait till morning. She rang the doorbell before 10PM. Oh well, it was time anyways to head out to the foam party in Bar 71. We got wet, foamed up and grooved under the stars! Mr. E was there, as well, and made my night a tad more interesting. He held my hand as we were walking down the slippery floor to get a drink and while dancing.. Kilig, sobra! ;) [But he's still no longer my crush.. Di talaga pwede eh...]

For the first time ever in my life, a complete (cute) stranger danced with me. I didn't mind, as it was, after all, a party.. Plus my friends were all like within arms reach, ready to pounce on him should things go out of hand... He was a good dancer and actually sweet. Wiped the foam off everytime my friends dumped some all over me.. It all went well... till he slapped my butt! Man, that freaked me out. I slowly pulled myself away from him and got back to my crowd (albeit, a little regretabbly, since we were having a good time and should I say again he was cute? hehe)... I think it freaked me out more, though, when I went home thinking that if I was probably younger or wasn't with people I actually worked with, I would have totally went for it. Whatever "it" means. lol.

SURVIVED THE DIVE
Bungee jumping... not part of my before-30 list, but I did it! Like I told Nic, I'm in the mood for letting go... But deng, when I was up in that 100-ft tower in Mt. Hood Ski Bowl, I wasn't so much in the mood anymore... I'm not so crazy about heights, after all.. The first time I stepped on the platform and my toes were like hanging in the air, my knees shook so badly.. I stood there, looking up towards the mountains, looking below to the cheering crowd, for a good 5 minutes, and I froze... Couldn't do it.. I backed up.. Started thinking WTF I was doing! Funny what goes through your mind before taking a plunge while strapped to a rope ("really, this thing could hold me?" I had to ask more than once..)

I had to laugh at myself.. There were moments in my life that I thought about just putting an end to my miseries, self-inflicted or otherwise.. I see now jumping off a bridge is definitely out of the question.. Ain't it a paradox? To even be capable of thoughts about taking your own life, no matter how fleeting, and yet fear death, even the most remote risk of it? And then I thought I could always not jump. But I knew that if I didn't do it then, I never will. And I wanted to do it. This was my small act of courage. Of throwing caution to the wind. And not think about consequences so much. Because you live more, if you risk more...

So after more than half an hour in the tower, I went back to the platform. Let go... And jumped...It was so freakin' scary, and crazy and exhilirating.. And I think my heart stopped for a while.. Ironically, I've never felt more alive! Woo hoo :)






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com