Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



SO WHO'S COUNTING NOW?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




I turned another year older a couple of weeks ago. The day went by without much ado. Had dinner and salubong with family. Another dinner and family time on the day itself. These are times I value most. The eating and laughing together. Sometimes, even just sitting quietly together, while sharing a scoop of yogurt ice cream. Incidentally, I think Yoh-gurt Froz is the best of its kind in town, plus I love that the kids can play in the Hobbes and Landes play area while the adults enjoy the breeze outside.


Birthdays usually make me introspective and pensive, but this year, I just kind of breezed through it. No thinking about bucket lists and what not. Today though, it's a different story. Somehow, my mind wandered to the list I made ten years ago, my before-30 list, and how, through the years, the list is still well, pretty much undone. Gah. I know.

1. Learn how to swim
2. Learn to drive stick-shift
3. Take up diving
4. Learn how to cook
5. Learn CPR

10 years is a long time to procrastinate, and that thought just gave me the motivation I needed to finally start crossing some items in this list. And I'm going to start with #1.

I already checked out a swim school online, and the venue is prolly 10 mins away from home. I passed by a couple of times already to register, but unfortunately, I missed them both times. I will go back on Monday, and by hook or by crook, I will learn some basic survival skills this summer :) The other bonus from this whole thing is that the location of the classes is this nice little subdivision that reminds me of American communities. No fences, pretty lawns and verandas. When I grow up, I want to buy a house there :)

So it came to pass that on my birthday, I was nonchalant about life and being another year older. But then, one day it just hit me that I gotta start doing things I want to do, because time just flies by in a snap. Ten years of keeping an undone list. Now, that just ain't right :)

Labels: , ,






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com