Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



STRESS, DISTRESS
I’ve spent most of the day going through stuff from boxes and bags that have remained unpacked since my last trip two years ago. Living out of the suitcase sucks that way. Plus I’m such a sentimentalist; I can hardly let go of anything. Not even a tissue with CB’s number on it. Oh, the fact that I was born with a penchant for keeping things in constant disarray has nothing to do with it. Really.

I could just go and throw stuff away randomly. Considering they’re mostly 2 years old anyways. But what if I throw away important stuff? Like movie tickets, NBA and ice hockey tickets, bus tickets even – all of which were in pairs. :P All of which once more brought me back to memories of not so long ago. I noticed I’ve been going back to those times more these days. Perhaps it’s because it all happened there - in cold, rainy Oregon. That’s where I fell in love again. Belle says I’m a romantic. Maybe so. Back then I thought every love song was ours, and I’d memorize the lyrics like he was singing them to me… And he would sing to me. Before we went to sleep at night. After that I could never listen to Power of Two in the same way ever again. Or Grow Old With You. Now That I Have You. You. Gah. Stop me already.

Yeah, I can do romantic. He left me and yet I could not bear to throw away those tickets in pairs. Or his post-it notes written with Stabilo markers: “Hi Madam. Ala lang. I miss you.” Madam, hunybabe… His pet names for me. And maybe I’m shedding a tear or two right now. He left and all I could remember was how much I was so in love and how much he loved me. (Or how I thought he did). Then maybe I’m really just masochistic. Or schizophrenic.

I better go unpack/pack/throw/cry… I mean, try. Hopefully, I’ll have the courage to put some of those old stuff away for good. But maybe there’s hope for me yet. I’ve already given away the Nike Prestos we both have. Maybe this time, I’ll end up with fewer boxes and bags than I first started with. *Long sigh*

Today is one of those days when I DO mind dining in a table for one.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com