Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



GUNG HO
What is the wildest thing you've ever done?

First day in our MBA class. I knew there and then that Prof. Gloria Benigno was something else. She proceeded to say, I'm a DOM - a dashing, old maid! I'm 84 (I forget exactly but she's in her 80's) and I'm still here, full of passion and energy.

I'm sure she'd approve of my skydiving. Without question. Funny, because I've been reconsidering doing this for the past two nights. The risks are too high.. But she would just have laughed and told me to go and jump.

Ok, class, say it with me - "Gung ho".

I've never met anyone her age who still possessed so much zeal and commitment to what she's doing. Heck, I've never met anyone MY AGE, who possesses such zeal and commitment. Burnt out yuppies, mostly.

She's a lawyer (also sister to Phil Star columnist Teddy Benigno), but she has chosen to teach, because that is her passion. Immediately, she became my role model. Hell, she was able to make something out of her life - WITHOUT A MAN, and she turned out happy, and content and successful. And I knew then that I'm prepared to face the future, with or without a husband.

But I digress. Ma'm Gloria also taught me to read. Again. I have totally taken that forgranted. And she had a lot of stories to tell... Jack Welch was her favorite.. Bec. I read, class... There is so much you can learn, if you read.. If there is something I want you to take away from this class, it's to develop a love for reading.. She was teaching Principles of Management.

Prof Benigno definitely lived her life to the fullest, doing what she loved most, with so much passion it's almost contagious. I will miss that zealousness..

I'm sorry I will no longer be able to take any of her classes. I feel sad that I never got to read those books that she recommended. And I will never be able to make her proud that she did convince me to read again.. She passed away last September 9. But she is one of the very few professors who've made a permanent mark in my heart. I'm just happy I was able to thank her before I left school last term.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com