Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



SEX AND THE SINGLE GIRL
First off, thanks to all the dear people who've left me wonderful comments in my previous post. You are all so kind. I really still am speechless with longing for my family and loving friends... but I promise to call them... much more often... Muah!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...she is at the end of her emotional rope. Her brother’s engaged, her best friend’s pregnant, she hasn’t dated in a year, and she can’t sleep. "

Sounds like pretty much me, only, it's my best friend who's engaged, my sister who's pregnant, and the rest is pretty much right on the mark.. :) This is what lured me to watch this seemingly unknown movie (to me, anyways..).. And what a darling it was! Not so much because of the parallelisms I can draw with my own life, but because the movie is refreshing as it is romantic and funny. And it tackles an unconventional subject - a same-sex relationship. But this is not really a gay movie rather a story about one woman's dating hassles, work challenges, personal realizations, dreams and awakening.. her struggles to conform with society and yet want to break free of it to experience a love she might not find somewhere else... Your everyday single girl's life.

So now my mantra is: Do something out of the norm (yeah, like I haven't been.. :))... Break a few rules (like maybe, be the one to ask a guy out, for crying out loud!)... Who knows, maybe you can find friendship around the corner (or in the next-door cube), or love? :P

KISSING JESSICA STEIN. Oh really, please. Watch this movie. (I have to say - it really got me thinking..)






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com