Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



FRIDAY NIGHT WITH THE GOVSTERS


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I hung out with the Govsters last night, specifically the Frederick and Hagerstown kids :) But before I talk about our little Friday gimik, I'll digress a little bit.


2005 was probably one of the best I've had in recent years. And all the more because I met some really great friends thru our April Bora trip, our biking sessions and Sagada. Jerk and Allan became my housemates this year, and Ali and Van, they're sort of like my (little) sisters (though there are times I'm more kulit than they are). We all live just a street apart now, so we end up hanging out almost every week night, and thus, govsters. Hahaha.

But our friendship goes beyond the hanging out. Even during the times we don't see or talk to each other, I know for a fact that they are all on stand-by. An SMS or call away. I'd call Ali for kikay issues. Van during tearjerker moments. Jerk for practical dilemmas. And Allan for gimik cravings.

The point is, they don't always go out of their way to do nice and thoughtful things, but I know they will, when I need them to. So, thanks, you guys :)

Going back to Friday night, the five of us went out for dinner, movie and coffee (or tea). Dinner was at Sbarro's, one of our favorite comfort-food places. We all ordered the same meals - white cheeze pizza and bake ziti.. Sabi ni Jerk, parang magkakapatid talaga. Hahaha. And yeah, we were totally pigging out. We used our very stress-busting, sweat-generating badminton on Thu night as justification for our, uhm, diet trespasses. Harhar.

The Lake House was up next. "How do you hold on to someone you've never met?" That's the tag line of the movie, but it is really more than just the time-space overlap thing.

Keannu is still stoic, and I think someone like Kate Beckingsale would have been a better choice than Sandra Bullock for Dr. Forester's part, but it was not a bad movie altogether. It had some light moments, and kilig moments too. In fact, Ali was so overjoyed. But I think it was only because our last movie together totally bummed to the point that it traumatized us. No one would dare pick a movie now lest we make the same mistake. Hahaha.


No spoilers on this post as the movie just opened. But what I like best about the storyline was the one about connection. We just don't develop feelings for random people in this life. Fate brings people together but it's up to us to keep or break the connection. Like Dr. Forester said, "if we wait too long, it might be too late"...

The Lake House is a remake of Il Mare, a popular South Korean film, which has better reviews than this present version. I have yet to watch it though, and if anyone has a DVD copy, please throw them my way (with love, of course, hehe).

And yeah, we all want to read the book, Persuasion by Jane Austen now. We just want to figure out all the whispering. Hehehe.

The film's cinematography more than makes up for the lackluster performance of the two main characters, or the sometimes incoherent dialogue. Despite some logical questions, moviegoers should just take this movie for what it is -- a love story, which is sometimes poignant, sometimes funny, sometimes pained. This movie is not on my best/must-see list, but I didn't mind watching it.

Starbucks was the last on our agenda and we just laid back and sipped our teas or fraps. It was a perfect way to end our night. Steady lang.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com