Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



HIBERNATION WEEKEND


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I finally finished watching the last 4 episodes of Prison Break Season 1. For me to temporarily abandon Michael in order to spend quality time with R is a big deal. After all, how many sleepless nights have I spent with my beloved Fish? Harhar. I missed his blue eyes. You can’t help but root for him, even if he is breaking so many rules. I can’t wait for Season 2 (coming this fall)! 0o0

M is now officially just a friend again. I think this whole deal left a huge hole in our friendship, but all is well. He found his true love and I’m happy for him. I honestly think that if I had kept tagging along as his buddy/sidekick, that might not have happened. But then again, who knows? Anyways, I’ll block the 22nd for him. He told me now we can finally hang out. The night before he leaves. Irony is a cruel thing. But that’s life.

0o0

A couple of mushrooms (men who are pasulpot-sulpot) have made an appearance in the last week since R left. Just another one of them jokes being played on me. But I’m done dealing with mushrooms. I’ve wasted enough of my time on you guys already. So go away.

0o0

An old “friend” is apparently engaged. Moving on seems to be quite the theme nowadays. And everyone’s happy. Two snaps!! :)

0o0

It’s the start of a long weekend and it’s also the 1st weekend since R left. I promised that I will try to not miss him as much and actually be productive instead. I will think of the days that passed by as a week crossed out until we see each other again. Silver lining.

0o0

Update: I wrote this post last Friday night. I only got my internet connection back today. If productive means watching 12 episodes of Smallville season 5 (bitin!! I will miss Jonathan. He is such a hunky old dude :p), 8 episodes (so far) of Lost Season 2, then I’m doing good so far. Harhar. (Thanks, Ruben!) Jay, you still owe me the DH Season 2 epis. Something to look forward to when you come back. Mishu!

0o0

A customer rep in Smart has actually done something right this time. Thank you Donald, whoever you are. You didn’t stop even if I didn’t pick up the phone 3x (I was already sleeping since you were 1.5 hours late as per agreement). You told me you were going to personally endorse my complaint to the Field Service folks so they can set-up a sked at once. Within 30mins they called. They normally do that after another week. Even if I’m still annoyed at Smart Bro’s service and I still wouldn’t recommend it to anyone, I’m glad that there is at least one among you who take customer orientation seriously.

0o0

While I was in Nasugbu with R, we met another kid. Francis is an 18yo kid who worked during the summer at the resort to earn some money to help his family and save some for his education. He is only a 2nd year high school student, stopping school every now and then due to poverty. But you don’t see despair on his face. Only hope. He was always smiling and ready to lend a helping hand. He became our local guide – helping us when he wasn’t busy with his resort chores. In return, we asked him to eat with us and offered him some money. But he refused the money. And when R and his brother were out to find a doctor for that evil lady who dampened our mood by her pag iinarte after she got hit by our Frisbee, he waited even after his shift just to thank the brothers. But since it was getting dark, and his home was about 30mins away by bus, he left reluctantly, but not before thanking us profusely.

Little did Francis know that it was he that I should have thanked. Not only for being such a great help, but because through him, I saw how R (and his family) were kind and thoughtful and real. R is without pretensions and he treats everyone with so much warmth, and on that day, he treated Francis like family. How can you not love that about my man? Hehe.

We bid our goodbyes to Francis, and we had told him earlier that he should finish his studies, and never lose track of his goals. And he made a promise to keep moving forward. Somehow, I know he meant to keep his promise. And even if our gesture of help was so little, I was happy because I know we also made an impact in his life somehow.

While I am not a snob, I sometimes get caught up in petty social exercises that do nothing to nurture my soul. R is helping me become a much better person, and I bet he doesn’t even know it. Because of him, I’ve rediscovered the essential things in life. And it’s just sheer joy. And for that I thank the high heavens.

0o0

It ain’t over till the fat lady sings. But while it’s too early to open a bottle of champagne or to light a cigar, I’m nevertheless thankful that after being with men who’ve left a bad taste in the mouth, I’m finally with someone who’s good to me and brings out the good in me as well. While he doesn’t treat me like a princess, he makes me feel like one. And there’s a world of difference in that.

0o0

Don't worry guys, even I am gagging at how saccharine this blog has become (wouldn't it be nice to actually not hear that song every time you check my blog? hehe). It's so not me. Wahaha. Eat my sugar!

Happy Independence Day, Filipinas!






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com