Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



HAVING FAITH


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



“We’ve fallen into this rhythm so fast; it feels like we’ve known each other forever. I know we’ve only known each other for five months, but it’s enough. Because after five minutes, I knew.” – Bernard (proposing to Rose), Lost Season 2

Some news in my life elicited congratulatory smiles, a big bear hug or a grin from ear to ear. No, I still haven’t completed my MBA, five years after I started. I did not replace my expat manager whose assignment has ended. I’m not pregnant. It’s a seemingly mundane event as a three-word Friendster status update – “in a relationship”.

My friends’ reactions were amusing, if not a little disconcerting. A lot of my friends said I was the eternal single girl. And even if I don’t think that’s a bad thing, I refused to agree. But their over joy somehow transformed my own happiness into disbelief or maybe lack of faith in what I’ve gotten myself into. After a series of short-lived romances, I was beginning to believe that normal relationships were not meant for me. And maybe up to now, I still want to run away.

“In a relationship”. Yes, at 32, that is a big deal. More importantly, after settling for meantime boys, it’s a breakthrough.

So what if there are no assurances? What if somewhere along the way, I really don’t want to be in this relationship? Or if he no longer wants to be in it? What is important is that now we still both want to and we are trying. What have I got to be afraid of? It’s not an engagement. It’s just a beginning. Hopefully of something that will stay wonderful for years to come.

R is one of the best things that ever happened in the relationships department since that big X fiasco. And yes it is not easy. Him being away at the moment, and communication even made harder by the facts that we are time zones apart and that he spends more time at sea than on land. But, no one ever said life was easy. Or love for that matter.

But when easy doesn’t come, you just have to keep the faith going. Love just won’t go anywhere without it.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com