Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



ONE DAY AT A TIME


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



One of my colleagues chatted up with me after work hours today. We're not particularly close, but I find myself ranting about general work stuff with random work peers lately. I guess it's because we get each other. No need to finish sentences, we know all there is to it, because we have lived this life day in, day out, for so many years now. She told me what she likes best about her "new" job is because people in the floor always seem to have a good disposition because they take it one day at a time. They have daily targets (or shiftly, even), and that's mostly what they care about. Not so much of the mid-term, long-term BS the rest of us has to deal with.

And I realize that's what I need to do to keep me sane. Take it one day at a time. One battle at a time. So for today, my battle was whether to skip school or not, because it was a harried weekend (flash flood and all), and I barely had rest and I was feeling woozy the whole day (not to mention really irritable). Darn, 2 days just flew by so fast. So I decided to spend my allowable 1 absence. It was a good time since there was no homework to pass. Although it's too early to be enjoying my 1 day of freedom (this is only the 3rd session out of eight). Howell, what is done is done. I'll just call prof to catch up on what I missed. Argh. The price to pay.

Anyways, weekend was lots of lurve as I spent it with the fam. Talk time with R was nil since I slept on him (again, it was a harried weekend), but I know he understands. I miss him so bad and thinking about him is about the only thing that makes my day bright nowadays (ok, not the only thing really, but one of the few, just the same). I'm still counting the days till he gets back home, but now it's more of a glass half-full kind of thing. Just 2 and a half more months. Yeyness.

Friday was an intertesting day. Lunch was at Pinoydon (a Fil-Jap fusion resto) and I loved the food.

I ordered chicken teriyaki (I know, boring), but this was a fave comfort food back in Oregon (circa 2000) with the ex (of then). Hehehe. Good times. Good memories. Never fails as pick-me-upper. E also ordered this Manila style maki (complete with garlic toppings, nice). I wanted to get the green tea ice cream. Next time, maybe :)

A and I then proceeded to a land so far away for this event ;) It was aliw and bad trip trip alternating throughout the night. Aliw - rediscovering this place (also connected to an ex, another set of good memories, hehehe). Bad trip - the wait. Nobody respects call times, I guess. Don't wanna generalize. Pero we were super early and then, everyone else was also late. Asar! Aliw - eye candy galore! Gosh. I missed going to events like this. Bad trip - all the anorexic prima donna models who refused to get their faces touched by make up artists. Hello. Rissa Samson, president of PMA, walked in with so much grace yet without all the kaartehan. She didn't even mind getting made up in a makeshift make up area (as in outside, humidity at its worst, make up getting lusaw all over the place). And that's the aliw part. (Let's include the part where we acted like starstruck kids and asked for a picture with her. Wahahaha. Kabaduyan galore). Bad trip - getting stuck in the backstage because the rain poured like crazy and we couldn't get inside the theatre where the show was about to start. Aliw - almost bumping into Gary Estrada (cuteness!) as we were struggling to protect ourselves from getting wet. Bad trip - making tambay outside the men's room (also doubling as dressing room) because we had nowhere else to go. Aliw - A doing Rissa's body make up and Gary talking to us, checking if he can use the men's room. Starstruck mode #2. Bad trip - getting soaked and tripping in front of like the whole balcony audience. Wahaha. Aliw - nice show. Seriously. Bad trip - the traffic on the way home. As in, ALL THE WAY HOME. Wtf. Traffic @ midnight. Found out that the rain caused flood, which in turn caused way too much traffic.

Oh well. This is Manila, after all.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com