Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



DECEMBER RECAP ET AL


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



To say that my December was hectic is an understatement. Between work deliverables, the holiday parties, travels, my calendar was booked to the brim. But all in all December was a good month.

Highlights :

Boracay trip with the family : my sister and her family, my brother who just recently got married, my mom, and 2 nephews. It was an eclectic crew but since it was the first time to go there for all of them, they all had a great time. As for me, I dream of the white powdery beach all the time. Boracay is like a mistress - not someone you want to stay with the rest of your life, but you crave for from time to time ;)


I went home to Cebu for Christmas, and it started with the usual family drama but ended greatly since my sister Ann (who is now a resident and a citizen of Taiwan) surprised us with a post-Christmas visit. We got to iron out some business issues, and hopefully some other family matter, but the best part was the bonding moments that because of our physical distance, have come few and far between. My sisters and I are just a few years apart, and we were literally each other's barkada in our early years because our parents refused to let us out of the house. Of course we fought and all that stuff, but we are each other's best friends, and I love them with everything that I got. Ann had organized a high school reunion, and Yen and I went there to support her as well. Haha. It was good to see old schoolmates, one of them the brother of my puppy love. Ahem! hehe. 

New year was spent here with my Ate's and their families. It was a white party and we had fun and laughed hard at the kids' antics. This year is also special since my Ate who has been working in Canada for the past year now, also came home post Christmas.

2009 started with a bang. Great expectations for everything in my life, in spite of the gloomy outlook coming from the Great Depression. However, I'm still excited for everything that this year has to offer.


Lowlight:

In a slightly less happy news, another reunion is upcoming. R was scheduled to come home end of January, but is instead coming home 2 weeks earlier because his aunt/foster mom passed away :( I had been sleepless since the news because all I want is to be at his side right now, and just be there for him in this very sad and difficult time. During the years I worked abroad, my fear was always that something would happen to any of my family members and I was too far and helpless to be there for them. So I really understand how he is feeling at the moment. 

Anyways, I'm going on a unplanned trip to Cebu to be with him, and that of course means I have to double time and ensure I cover things at work. It's a specially bad time to go off at this time because we are launching a new system and my new team next month, but I'm lucky to have a flexible and considerate boss.

Meanwhile, I'm canceling my upcoming trip with R to Boracay on Valentines. Cebu Pacific refunds takes 10 years pa naman. Hmp!

Labels: , , ,






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com