Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



THIS THING CALLED LOVE


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Of course, we're more than just roommates. He's more than just a boyfriend, really. He is my best friend. My soulmate.

Yes, it's a struggle every day. Fighting the distance battle is definitely toxic, draining. And yes, I've been so close to giving up, way too many times, I can't even count them anymore. But what we have, it's definitely not something you'd want to give up without putting up a good fight. Stuff like this comes once in a lifetime. Or maybe twice.

And when I do feel defeated, and sad, and lonely, I just remind myself why I love him so much. And it's a simple answer. With him, I can be myself. He has seen me at my weakest, bitchiest, strongest, ugliest. He didn't fall in love with me because I'm ambitious, successful, more chika, or what-not. He loved me when I wore my hair the worst (remember the shaggy days? ugh!), and when I didn't take care of my skin or wore make up. He loves me now when I'm in one of those killer moods. He loves ME.

In life, you have to wear different masks, to match the different roles you play. There's the perky mask, the authoritative mask, the ambitious mask, the playful mask, the nurturing mask, so many more... But when I'm with him, the masks just come off. And he sees me, raw and bare. And he doesn't mind. Not one bit.

Labels: ,






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com