Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



WEEKEND'S ALMOST OVER


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Had a busy weekend, relatively speaking :) Attended Ali's surprise birthday bash for B, and it was a good occasion to meet up with old friends. We literally closed the place. Hehe. Good times. I will always be lucky to have these friends in my life. 


Sunday, had dinner with a friend who moved to the Dark Side of the New Blue a while back. Good catch up session. We dined at Conti's in Serendra, and as always, the place is packed. Opted to wait in line for a table this time around. Good news, though, they are expanding in the 2nd floor. So hopefully, no more waiting in line in the future. Did a side trip to Fully Booked, and lo and behold, all the books in the Twilight series are available there. I was so happy. Been trying to get the books F.O.R.E.V.E.R. Naks. Exag. Anyways, I'm excited to finish the 1st one.

Topshop is also on sale so I made a mental note to go back tomorrow. Hehe. I like to do my clothes shopping alone. I take my time going through the racks and unless the one with me is busy doing his/her thing, I would mind the company if that only gets in the way of enjoying the whole experience :)

All Flip-Flops was also on sale, but I'm back to my flip-flop ban. I really don't need one more pair of Havis. Or maybe just one more slim metallic pair in crystal blue :p

Anyways, eating at Conti's made me list few of my fave places to eat around Manila, and the reasons why:

1. Conti's - Aside from their famous Mango Bravo, this resto has a good selection of pasta, fish/meat meals, and pastry. My personal favorite is the baked salmon. Yum! And it doesn't hurt that food is affordable. Nearest locations: Serendra, Greenhills

2. A Taste of LA - This is my favorite date place. It is cozy and warm :) I love their thin crust pizza! Nearest location: Tomas Morato

3. Amici - I think the owners hit it big when they conceptualized this resto. It's a "fast-food" type place where we order our food in one area, and the dessert in another. They only offer bottled drinks (warm), so we have to get our own ice. In terms of cost effectiveness, this one is a winner - limited wait staff and no vendo machines. They might want to minimize distributing their to-go menus as well. We have to save the trees :) Plus I love the concept of seeing the pizza as they are being made. And their pizza is one of the best (I'm into cheese variants recently). Seriously. And their gelato. Absolutely to die for. I also absolutely love their spinach pasta. Yum. Yum. Yum. Nearest locations: Tomas Morato, Makati (near Don Bosco)

4. Omakase - This is my favorite Jap place. I don't like sushi, but I love the rest of the Japanese menu ;) Nearest locations: Libis, Tomas Morato

5. Pho Hoa - I don't like bean sprouts, but whenever I want my Vietnamese fix, I always go to Pho Hoa. Their kung pao chicken is my favorite :) Nearest Locations: Eastwood, Tomas Morato, and many many more :)

Shux, now I'm hungry. And I just realized how I love Tomas Morato for all it's food offerings. Hehe.


Labels: , ,






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com