Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



FIVE
And today I turned five... Actually, the official date is March 3. Five years working in this company. Five exciting years, I might add. Five years ago I see a shy (ahem) promdi entering the Makati lobby, quite unsure what she was doing there in the first place. Five years ago, this girl was wondering why she had to experience working in a building that was still being constructed and located in a far away rural province to boot!, and she had to wear a hard hat, ugly goggles and steel-toe shoes (and say goodbye to anything fashionable, including open-toe slip-ons!), eat rice that was either half-cooked or "sunog" (overcooked till burned) in a makeshift cafeteria, pee in portalets (gross!) and commute back to Makati in a jeepney, then in a non-aircon bus, before reaching Pala-pala Junction where she can finally transfer to an airconditioned bus. Hah. I think I've definitely come a long way since then... :P

Milestones:
Friendships - I remember Sieg was one of the few brave souls who first befriended the shy (mwahaha), aloof (taray) me, and I'm definitely glad because we've been buds ever since! Through the years, I've formed strong friendships with several people as well. Right, Johnnie? :)
Travel - Barely a year into the job, I got to travel to Malaysia, then to the U.S., for the first of many. I had a chance to party, err, I mean work, in Costa Rica as well for ~6 months!! PURA VIDA!
Product generations - I started working in Cartridge in it's glorious days... Then I moved to work on Deschutes, Katmai, Tualatin, CuMine microprocessors... On to my next product...
Personal - Countless overtimes, overnights, on-call weekends (and several hundred cigarettes) later, I have no regrets. My experiences so far are as real as real life can get! I have grown up a lot in the last five years. It's not just about moving out of my childhood refuge and living on my own. It's the getting-to-where-I-want-to-be aspect of it. I'm still not there, but the things I've learned along the way, and meeting a lot of good people are part of the best events that happened in those years.

I never thought I'd last this long in this polluted, congested region (sorry, but I did grow up in warm, unpolluted, sunny Cebu). I mean, I didn't really come out here to conquer the world. I just wanted to be with the (then) love of my life. But a lot has changed since then. And yeah, I've made some conquests, albeit small, here and there. At least, I'd like to think so. Haha.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com