Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



'Twas a pretty harrowing Friday. Just got back from tutorial. Gawd, accounting is definitely for aliens!

So my day started with a nasty headache. Had to telecommute during the morning. I rushed to the office so I can make my 11AM net meeting. I discovered that I can make it to Cavite from Makati in 50 minutes, even during the day! And yes, I have mastered the skill of putting on make-up during slowdowns, while driving 80kph.

Anyway, I was in my desk 10 minutes before sked. But, that's where my luck ended. My network conked out on me. I logged off my system and of course, that didn't do it. I called in to the meeting by 11AM, my PC still not connected. By 11:05 I was rebooting my system. Voila, after like 10 minutes, I was in business. *By then, I had learned that the Business Analyst was 30 yrs old, married with a month old baby, and lived 5 miles down from his office in Chandler, AZ) After a couple of training foils, we moved to the "hands-on" session, guided by the BA on the other side of the world. Only to find out I have downloaded the wrong tool version because his peer gave me the wrong instructions. Shoot. Since we couldn't proceed without the tool, I had to reinstall. 1.5 hours later, the tool was still not downloaded. Network traffic. We did manage to get some training in by using his tool instead. So I didn't really get to do any hands-on. I just viewed while he did all the transactions. Tomorrow, I have to start doing my translations to see if they didn't miss anything out. Hopefully, remote access is not going to give me any headaches.

I still wasn't able to complete my SO action plans. Just grabbed a diet Coke and worked on it through "lunch". I managed to put something together in time for our planning session #2. 2PM I got a call. There was a product issue. Why do they always crop up on Fridays? Weekend na kaya. Alam ba nila kung anong ibig sabihin ng weekend?! Waah... I had to wait until my engineers finished initial investigation. By past five, they were already done. Good thing I have such efficient folks. So off I went. Then of course, everyone seems to be going North on Friday, and traffic was horrible in GMA. By the time I finally passed through the nightmare zone, I thought the worse was over. And then, a car hit my car while I was on a STOP! And he hit me hard, my dolphin ring cut my thumb. Not to mention I was so shaken. But God is still good, because the other driver was another blue-badge from the office. No, we did not know each other before. I never saw him until then. And I wished we could just have met each other in a traditional manner. After an exchange of names, I drove again. My accounting groupmate was already waiting for me in school because she was going with me for the tutorial. I was an hour late. It was almost 10PM when we arrived in Q.C. where my tutor lives. We finished the case by 12, with no dinner still.

The case is done now. And I'm supposed to be putting it in Powerpoint right now. But of course, blog beckons... :)

I'm ok now. I survived another car accident. My car looks like a canned sardine that has been mishandled during shipment. Yupi-yupi. I never got around to having the damage from my recent tricycle incident repaired. And now this. And I shouldn't forget that I need those brake pads repaired. Aarrggghhhh...........






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com