Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



LABOR DAY
GMA retracted her decision to move the Labor Day celebration to April 29 to support the government's holiday economics policy amidst protests from various sectors, spec. from trade unions. I must admit, I was a little disappointed because my officemates and I were already planning on a Puerto Galera getaway :(

But as Sieg pointed out, that day is holy to laborers worldwide just as Christmas is for Catholics. It's true meaning must have been lost on me as I struggled to climb up the corporate ladder all these years. Have I became part of the apathetic bourgeoisie that I once swore not to become? Has labor day for me now been reduced to just another day to go off to another island and chill out? Have I been blinded by the trappings of the corporate glitter? For someone who has spent some time fighting the system in the confines of my alma mater and out in the streets, this is indeed a sad realization.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com