Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



WHEN HARRY MET SALLY
Still Sick. Day 4 without a car. Cooped up in my apartment (I got out for a couple of hours or so to attend class because we had to report on "Man and the Absolute". K.). Feeling a bit better though but too dizzy to catch up on work. I decided to pop in one of my favorites movies – When Harry Met Sally. Simply the best movie about friendship and love… Hah… I think I’m feeling nostalgic again. Guess it’s because I first watched this movie with “the last boyfriend”. That was back when we were “just friends”. Then we became more than friends. Then we broke up. We still hung out a lot after that, probably because we were so used in doing everything together. Then I guess when we finally put some normalcy back into our individual lives, we started to drift apart… We still keep in touch. Sort of. He’s out of the country and the other day I received an email from him. The last I heard from him was a couple of months ago almost. So it really made my day. And now, I’ve been calling people to buy this new Gary V. CD (he has a new version of one of our favorite songs) for me because I want to send it to him on Monday. Hah.

So anyway, one of my favorite scenes in that movie is when Sally demonstrates a fake O in a resto! Gotta admire her guts. But she makes a good point though. :P

I also absolutely just can’t help but sigh every time I hear the lines that Harry said to Sally when he finally realizes that he loves her:

“I love that you get cold when it’s 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a crinkle above your nose when you look at me like I’m nuts. I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it’s not because I’m lonely…It’s not because it’s New Year’s Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible…”

*Sigh*

And lastly, one of the questions asked in that movie is “can men and women be friends?” According to Harry, “men and women can’t be friends bec. the sex part always gets in the way. No man can be friends with a woman he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.”

Hhmm. My answer to that question is yes. In fact, I have a few good guy friends. And they’re not ex-boyfriends or people I date. (Ey, Johnnie, remember our discussion on platonic relationship?) They’re the kind I can hang out with, without inhibitions and can talk to almost about anything. The thing I love about male friends is that they don’t give me BS. Women tend to be overly dramatic, and they just won’t let me go there. (Most of the time, that is. Sometimes they don't have a choice but to put up with my melodramatic rants and raves.. hehe..) They give a different perspective on things and they help balance my emotional and rational sides. While women friends are the all-out support kind and they tend to let me hear what I want to hear, male friends are more brutally frank that it actually makes me wake up and see things more clearly. But does it mean though that these male friends don’t find me attractive? Huhuhu… :) Gawd, Sieg, now you know why I was so darn affected by that “manang” comment. :)

So, what do you guys think? Can men and women be friends?






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com