Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



LESSONS LEARNED
Before anything else, I'd like to thank everyone who greeted me on my 2*th birdthday.. :) Definitely, one of my best... for so many reasons. Love is one of the major ones.. Even without an SO, I can say, for the record, that I feel complete, and I am happy.

So I said I was going to do 5S in my life. Unfortunately, 5 days is not enough time for all that. I did not even have time to open my notebook. But, I did have time to think a lot of things over. I still don't have answers to most of my questions, but I can say with some degree of certainty that I'm less worried or anxious as I was a week ago. I just know it. Things will keep getting better :)

With all the events that happened last week, I compiled a list of lessons learned, about anything and everything under the sun...

1. There are so many beautiful places to visit here in our country. I used to think Costa Rica was nature's best... But, I just didn't look far enough here in Pinas.. Quezon province has a lot of falls, mountains, beaches that are glorious.. Lucban is definitely a must-see.. This picturesque town is the site of the yearly Pahiyas festival.. The nearby town, Tayabas, is another beauty... It's a haven for lots of spring resorts.. This is also where the longest church (St Michael Basilica Minor) in the Phils is located at.. We visited a resto (Villa Casa) owned by the town mayor and it showcases his antique collections... The roofdeck is a nice place to hang out in, and his listening bar in the basement gives you an authentic country feel... Another resto to visit is the Kamayan sa Palaisdaan.. Gawd, I'm such a seafood lover and yep, this place is definitely a heaven on earth! Go try the "sinugno". It's fish (tilapia) cooked in coconut juice.. Basta. Yum-yum!

I stayed in Daisy's house in the town of Pagbilao where the coal-fired Hopewell Power Plant is located. We also visited one of the beaches nearby, called Cuevang-lampas, because, yes, there's a cave. The beach is really just a short strip, but it's powder white, and the stones and shells are pretty... It is still underdeveloped, and it has no freshwater supply, but the water is so clear, and lots of beautiful fish to see if you want to go snorkelling.

Now, for the night gimik, we checked out Bergs' bar and resto in Lucena City where the playing bands are from Manila. Hhmm... this is where I sang Bakit Ngayon Ka Lang with a band for the third time. I should really learn a new repertoire quick! ;P

2. I just realized the shallowness of my fears in turning a year older. Specially with Rico Yan dying at 27, the day after my birthday. I mean, gawd, he just celebrated his birthday on the 14th. Life is indeed so short, and instead of worrying over meaningless things, we should all focus instead of making living here on earth worthwhile. And while we're at it, we should always strive to make the people around us happy. I am not ashamed to admit that I cried over this actor's death. Profusely. No, I wasn't a fan. But I cried because I realized any day could be our last. It's scary to think that we may never wake up from our sleep. And scarier even that we leave not only without saying goodbye, but more importantly, leave without even having a chance to show our loved ones how much we truly care. I also cried because of my own inadequacies. But from what I gather, Rico must be smiling up in the heavens. It looks like he lived a pretty good life, and he touched so many people around him. And I want to thank him. Maybe media may just be playing it up a bit. But, no matter, he showed me how to live life fully, how to live life well.

3. I refuse to think I'm a stalker magnet. It is not my fault that other people are simply out of their minds. Arrgghh.. Just don't leave your cellphones lying around in a crowded room filled with acquaintances. No, it's not that it might be stolen. Worse, someone might go browse for your number and store it in his phone. And yeah, go memorize your own number so you don't have to store it in your own address book. Duh.

4. E.T. was definitely much, much better twenty years ago. I watched it for the second time last night. This time, seeing it with an adult's eyes, the movie was a lot less charming. Or maybe I'm just a little jaded now. Still, Drew Barrymore is cute as ever. I have to admit, though, as a kid, this Gen X classic did rock my world :)

5. Always, always, tell your loved ones you love them (and more importantly, show them consistently that you do so). There is no such thing as too much, when it comes to that.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com