Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



LIFE AND DEATH
A new year in the life of my little sister! Only she's no longer really little. Well, she's taller and all grown up, plus she's happily married and a mother of two. I miss you so much, Ann. I miss our long talks and I miss playing "ate". Hope to see you again, soon. Maybe next year before I go back home. Take a detour to Taiwan. So I can give you a hug.

Take care, Ann. I love you so much! Kiss TJ and AJ for me now. :)

* * * * *
I received an early morning text from Arlene. Which was not unusual. I expected another bad date story. But it wasn't. Her dad passed away. I never really knew him. But whenever we hung out in Arlene's, he was there. Always there. And he cooked for us. And we went home happy. But now he's gone. Death is always so surreal when it happens to your loved ones or the poeple they care about... And I almost did a Samantha (last ww's SATC episode). Didn't know what to say. And I didn't want to just text back. Condolences are just not meant to be said through text. You can say it with flowers, but not that. But I didn't want to call her either. Though I did call her eventually around noon. I just said I was sorry. Which I was. Though I know that even if she sounded like she was ok, she wasn't. And even if I said sorry, it's not going to change anything. I just didn't know what to do. Or say. But I wanted to hug her. And I couldn't. What kind of best friend am I? So I said a prayer to Him. He always knows how to act "best friendish", no matter what.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com