Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



SHOULD I BELIEVE IN SIGNS?
We've just recently got our high school batch yahoogroups into action, and I discovered more than half our class are now based abroad. A few friends were asking why I'm still here, and not pursuing a career abroad. Truth be told, even back when there was an exodus of engineers going to the States, I still vehemently said, I'm staying. Blame it perhaps on my sense of patriotism (what's left of it), my love for my family (because I cannot be away from them for sooooooo long), and of course, this so-called comfort zone.

I've been living half of my independent life outside the country, whenever I have work assignments, and I admit, there are a lot of perks.. But at the end of the day, I will always miss the fact that if I feel hungry, I can always go to my favorites tapsilogan or call delivery, or that whenever I feel like getting back to my roots, it's just an hr plane ride away.

But if I have to be practical about it, why suffer through the low salary, corrupt government and poor health services?

Today, I received an email from my younger sis re an opening abroad. A high school friend, based on Australia, also text'd me out of the blue, asking if I ever considered working out of the country.. All within an hour of each other.

Which got me thinking again. Is this a sign? I have actually almost decided to go settle down in Oregon last December, although personal circumstances have made me change my decision.

But now, given that I am not really happy with my job anymore, and deng it, I'm almost 30 and still trying to find my place under the sun, maybe I should go for it. And with the upcoming elections, and the danger that our country will again fall into the wrong hands, I just might.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com