Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



I'M TOTALLY IN MY I-LOVE-YOU-BRANDON-CAN-I-TAKE-YOU-HOME MODE


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The concert was a blast! I have not been in a mosh pit for soooooooooooooooooooooo long! There is just something very liberating about being in a rock concert, specially jumping, shoving, pushing, body slamming along with the music. Hahaha... Maybe last night was a tribute to my lost youth (argh!), a sort of last hurrah... but then again, maybe not.. Not just yet (I still have my Metallica concert to go to..) ;) Youth is after all, a function of our well-being and attitude, and not merely by age. :p

Well, I could carry on about Incubus and Brandon Boyd (OMG! hahahaha.. I'm such a groupie). But apart from the obvious bad boy appeal of the latter (i luuuuuv the tattoo'd arms), the band just has so much talent. Brandon writes good lyrics and their music is just, for lack of a better word, awesome.

Some of my favorites are Drive ("lately I'm beginning to find that I should be the one behind the wheel.. Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there with open arms and open eyes", Pardon Me ("So pardon me while I burst into flamesI've had enough of the world and its people's mindless games"), Warning ("Learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.."), Just a Phase ("Temporaryism has been the black plague and the Jesus of our age"), Are You In?, Wish You Were Here, and from A Crow Left of the Murder -- Megalomaniac, of course, which made for a very good opening song because it definitely set the mood of the concert!; Talk Shows on Mute ("You're so much more endearing with the sound turned off"), Southern Girl ("Look no further, I'm yours") and Here In My Room ("If the world would fall apart in a fiction worthy wind, I wouldn't change a thing now that you're here...")... The list goes on.

The songs definitely express different moods, which makes it even more appealing. Some lyrics are angry, some can be tender. And in some cases, the lyrics echo thoughts that don't find their way out of my mind and to the person concerned. Just like this. This one's for you :D

"When you were down i always picked you up
Why didn't I recognize that everything was never fine?
I'm kicking myself that i shared spit with you
So fuck yourself
And fuck this bleeding heart of mine" - Leech

Labels: , , ,






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com