Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



THE FETE THAT WASN'T... :(


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Still kinda not over the disappointment from last Saturday night. I have been so excited to go to the Fete, just because I missed it last year. This time, I made sure I got there early (730PM) so I'd beat the traffic. I made sure I wore low-heeled sandals (which after walking around and just before the official festival opened, I had to remove in exchange for my reliable flip-flops, which I carry with me in the car all the time). I even brought antacids so I could drink up. I was ready for the Fete.

I hung out at the main stage as planned. Everything was ok. I discovered this cool ethnic-flavored band called Kadangyan. I fell in love with them.

These guys brought me to way back when... I was then a tubao wearing high school kid, wearing a native backpack to school, who was taught to love her country and its culture.. And that's what Kadangyan means, btw, it's an Ifugao term for "rich in culture".. Which we are. Ain't it great just to rediscover that? :)

After a 15-min break, there was a brief fireworks display.

The crowd cheered, and soon after, Capoiera went up the stage with some members dancing off-stage (I could not see them but I saw legs flying up the air)..

All I know was, I was having great fun. Then I saw him. My man. My bassist. Louie Talan of Loquy/Razorback. He played with Cynthia Alexander, who officially opened the festival. Who, as always, wowed the crowd with her haunting voice.

The Makiling Ensemble was next, then while I was loving Radio Active Sago project, and as Lourd de veyra shouted his lyrics, felt huge drops of rain on my forehead. Not a good sign. Had to run away, and was just in time before the rain poured.

The music soon faded. And that was the end of it. No more fete, washed away by the rain, leaving thousands of people stranded, some of them soaked, without anywhere to go. All the bars were packed. The beer was warm.

And it was just time to call it a night, at 1AM.

Labels: ,






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com