Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



YOU CAN'T FIND PEACE BY AVOIDING LIFE...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



More than a year ago, I had my life plotted out perfectly. Or so Ithought. The things we laid out "till death do us part", I have to now work out, on my own.. It's scary, as it is exciting, but I decided to take the steps, and enter the world of grown-ups. It is strange - this world of mortgages, real estate taxes, investments, savings (gulp) and yes, thinking about the future. (Potah, how can real estate documentary stamps cause P5k +++??? I had to pay tens of thousands just for documents and processing fees.. haaaaaaaaaaay..Nakakaiyak ever! :)) It is surreal. It does not mesh well with my living-in-the-moment lifestyle.

Yet, the truth is, this getting old bit is getting to me.. No matter how many immigration officials have mistaken me for an unaccompanied minor everytime I approach their booth, it doesn't change the fact that, yes, gulp again, I've finally gotten past the twenty-sumthing range. Ouch. No matter how much I want to stay stuck, I have to move forward, and face real responsibilities. Alone or not. Just as no matter how much I resist, Manila is now my home, and Cebu is just well, full of fond memories of my generally happy youth.. I feel like a stranger there even as I'm anonymous here. But thank God for the friends and family whom I can still go back to, whenever I feel like getting in touch with my roots or the need to reconnect, whenever I want to feel grounded again. Like it or not, I am here for the long haul. Well, you know, until I take on another opportunity for growth. But for now, this is my place under the sun. It is far from being charmed, but I have come to love it just the same.Which is also why I'm declining the new carrot called another U.S. assignment flashed before me. I don't wanna pack my bags again. Not yet. Not when I haven't even unpacked everything since I arrived last year. I wanna stay and see what's out here for me. Hey, there will always be new opportunities down the road, as long as we continue to seek them out.Yes, I'm staying. Unless of course I run out of gimik money, and I have to eat my words. Haha. Kidding.

Labels:






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com