Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



ENJOY THE RIDE..


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I wanna write about Bora, but I had such a love-hate relationship with it, it makes me smile/cringe everytime I think about it.. Much like a relationship gone sour but will always have a place in your heart.. so, I will have to postpone that for some other time.. Methinks I'm still having withdrawal symptoms, I can still the hear in my head, the waves as they hit the shore.

I was watching Along Came Polly. It's not an awesome movie, just good to watch.. Not too awww.. but not too ewww either. Stars Ben Stiller and Jen Aniston, both of whom I'm particularly fond of.. Ben of course for Zoolander, and Jen for well, Friends..

Anyhoo, there are two main characters in the movie... Reuben, an expert risk assessment analyst, who is so risk-averse, he doesn't eat peanuts in a bar, because he thinks he'll catch ebola virus doing so.. He never goes out of his comfort zone because he has calculated all the risks possible in life, that he lays it out so perfectly.. Until his wife leaves him for a scuba instructor on their honeymoon.. A few days later, he meets Polly, his classmate from middle school, who was a good student and was even a UN delegate, but is now a globe-trotting salsa-dancing waitress, who lives in the moment. She lives her life so differently.. She's on the no-plan plan...

Plus points for the movie aside from the stars: it's set in NY, there are a good number of funny and endearing moments, the characters are not very exaggerated, and well, i like the dialogues...

Some of my fave ones are:

"I've been living my life, ok? I've been in good relationships,I've been in shitty ones. And I moved a lot, and I've been happy. And I've been sad, and I've been lonely, and that's what I've been doing. Which is more than I can say for some people who plans their life so carefully, and thinks they can catch the Ebola virus by sticking their fingers into a bowl of peanuts.."... - Polly (after Reuben asked her what happened to her when she used to be doing so well with her life.. not verbatim, btw)..

"I destroyed your throw pillows. They don't serve a purpose. They're purely decorative" - Reuben (to his wife after finally ending it with her)

"Move on with your life. It's not about what happened in the past. Or what you think may happen in the future. It's about the ride, for Christ's sake. There's no point of going through all this crap if you're not going to enjoy the ride. And you know what, when you least expect it, something great might come along. Something better than you even planned for." - Reuben's father

"Since we've been together, I felt more uncomfortable, out of place, embarrassed, and just physically sick than I have ever been in my entire life. But I couldn't have gone through all that, I couldn't have thrown up 19 times in 48 days, if i was in love with you. Maybe you're right. Maybe this is just a fling. But if you get on that plane and you go to Cincinnati or wherever it is you're going, we'll never know if it could have been something more.." - Reuben (to Polly, after Polly tried to run away again.. not verbatim)

"I don't want to get married. I just wanna take you out to dinner. Sometime this week.." - Reuben (to Polly after she responded that she did not want to marry him)..

The movie fits well to the conversation I had with the globe-trotting single hottie whom I'll call B (who's incidentally taking a Safari trip to South Africa this July)... hehehe.. Living in the moment.. Taking risks.. Go seek out the exciting, and adventurous, and out of ordinary.. Even if it's just talking to a guy on the bar, who's not really your type, but offers you a beer without really hitting on you.. Even if it's accepting free cocktails from a not-so-attractive bartender but gives you the laughs, or maybe hang out with a stranger from another city, one whom you'll probably never see again, but you know, you don't want to marry the guy, but just wanna enjoy the night.. And then maybe, one of these days, you can finally take that first scuba dive, even if the open waters freak the hell out you.. =)

Labels: , ,






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com