Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



EQ


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE QUOTIENT (EQ)

 

I’m attending EQ class for the next two days. It’s interesting though there are times when I wanted to squeak “QUACK”, because some of the things the instructor is teaching sounds like something a quack doctor would tell you. But, if I put my eyebrows down a bit and just be open about his course, it actually can get quite interesting. Something I already know is that I’m really poor at figuring out puzzles or spatial intelligence exercises. Whenever I try to do those, I remember my 1st long term bf back in college who could solve anything you throw @ him. He was one creative person. Galeng talaga. In our class of about 25, only my best work buddy was able to solve the matchstick exercises.

 

Anyways, one of the things our instructor said was that 50% of our illnesses are actually psychosomatic. I tend to agree with this. During the lowest point in my life, I was the most sickly I’ve ever been. And I’m not talking about made-up illnesses or playing hooky. I was literally getting viral infections every other week. In spite of the tragic moments that happened one after another, while leading a start-up at that, I’m quite amazed at myself for not going rock bottom. According to our instructor, that is what normally happens. People who experience tragedy just spiral downwards until you reach the point of madness. I guess I just bordered around the neurosis part. Thank goodness for my endorphins. Hahaha.

 

So they were not kidding when they said laughter is the best medicine. It really is. Laughter releases endorphins, and endorphins keep us healthy – physically, mentally, emotionally.

 

Here’s my happy thought for the day: Arriving in time for the class, in spite of the fact that I had once again slept through my alarm ;) Here’s one other happy thought – hearing the voice of the person I care so deeply for.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com