Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



HAPPY


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



 HAPPY IS…

 

… receiving snail mail from an old friend or family.

 

It’s been a while since I received snail mail. The last time was just a crisp note from an ex saying please return documents immediately. Nice one, huh. The last nice one I received was when I was still in Oregon. My childhood sweetheart sent me a letter just to wish me well and all. It was nice because I haven’t seen him since college and also because it was totally unexpected. That really made my day. When you’re far away from home and your loved ones, simple things like snail mail could so much change your day from gloomy to bright. And anyone who’s been in Oregon surely understands the significance of that J

 

Which gave me an idea. In the next few weeks until I send my gift to Aussie boy (who is not exactly on the other side of the world as Jay pointed out, but rather below Asia, 6200++kms away), I will write him letters. Just random thoughts about the things happening back home, specially the good things. I will also enclose pix along with it. Pictures of the Christmas-decorated malls, the traffic that has so defined our Christmas rush, and so on J Any thing to remind him of home because he is really homesick lately and the thought of spending Christmas away from home is making him sad. The stationery I bought had this note on top: Happy is… the smell of grass after the rain.. etc.. Which led me to the 2nd idea. Every time I write him letters, I will include one thing that made me happy for that day and hope it inspires the same countenance in him.

 

So for today, happy is – feeling the early morning cool breeze on my skin as I walked on the pathway. It does really feel like Christmas is just around the corner. 41 days to go. Yey.

 

What is your happy, today?






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com