Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



IT'S NOT YET OVER


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Last Friday, my brother advised me not to get out of the house since his friend (whose dad is a retired military) told him of the military movement that was detected during dawn. Since I was out of the country during the Edsa 2/3 episodes in our history, I admittedly got scared. 1st, because I was alone, and 2nd, because the movement was just a few blocks away from home. I mean, I pass that way everyday.

I was already in the satellite office by the time my brother called and he advised me to immediately get back home. I dropped by the bank and got some money, gas'd up and drove back home. By then PGMA had already declared a state of emergency, as speculated earlier. Later that afternoon, things normalized, but the office barkada already cancelled our sked trip to Eurostar. Staying safe na lang, considering Fort was in red alert earlier. By night, most of the action were at the protests all over Manila.

I thought things started to simmer down. After dropping my brother at the domestic airport, I embarked on my 24 marathon the rest of the afternoon. That is why I was so suprised when I switched the channel to ABS, and saw that there were some movements again at the Fort. Whoa.

Earlier, I passed by the marine HQ, and though there were truck barricades, a checkpoint, and some military guys milling about, I had no inkling that there was something brewing. Naisip ko pa nga, galing naman ng mga marines, nag-duduyan pa dun sa labas. (Play Zanjoe's signature song - Chill here).

Hay naku. I really don't understand what these people want anymore. Potah, ang labo. Kasira ng araw. It was such a nice, sunny day pa naman kanina, I actually wanted to blog about long-ago summers and first love. Hehe. Aral na nga lang ako.

ADDENDUM:
Just received this text message. And I will reprint it here:

"APPEAL 2 Cory, MBC, Hyatt 10, Magdalo & All Opposition Members:

EDSA is heroism, so please be heroes for all suffering Filipinos, stop bringing the country down with your selfish calls for resignation. Preserve the constitution. Patience is heroism. We have enough natural calamities. We don't need manmade calamities of your doing like a hole in the head.

Please pass and continue to pray for our country & the Filipino people."

PGMA is not perfect. But I do not condone what all these people are doing. They are hurting our country even more. Tangna. And for what???






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com