Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



IT'S TIME TO SAY GOODBYE


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Nope, the flip-flops are not a metaphor for anything. (Like me going fishing or something, hehe). Just showing how utterly absurd this fling I have with rubber flip-flops. They are fun, nice and has potential to be long-term companions, but they are, well, overly-priced tsinelas. They not only leave my wallet dry, but my shoe collection dull as well. And that's the bad part. (I have to start wearing decent shoes again. Flip-flops are heavenly, but shoes are pretty).

So I decided it was time to bid goodbye. I'm giving away two of my Havaianas, the white Filipinas and white High, to my sister and mom, respectively. The red flipflop will go to my yaya. (I'm still keeping the rest, one cannot just quit cold turkey, after all. Harhar).

Quite surprisingly, it wasn't a hard decision at all. I guess it's comforting to know that these flip-flops are not as rare as they were some three years or so ago. (Truth is, I'm planning to replace my white Filipinas tsinelas. Harhar).

* * * * *
Speaking of goodbyes, Tatay Rudy of PBB was the first evictee. I felt sad for him. Among the three, Rico would have been my choice to go. I have nothing against him, just that he is still young and he has his whole lifetime ahead of him. Meanwhile, tatay is old and it would be nice to see him, and parents like him, live a comfortable life in their old age, di ba? That's exactly the way I feel about my parents. I mean, they worked hard to ensure we had good and decent lives growing up, and I really want to give them something back. Kahit comfort na lang. 'Coz they do not really care much for luxuries, they never have. Despite my dad's success, he has remained a simple and humble man (though he is not a perfect man, but that's not the point).

Going back to Tatay Rudy, admittedly, he was struggling to keep up with the younger lot in the house. But, as the iron man that he is, he was the epitome of resilience and persistence. Haay, it was really heartbreaking to see him shocked and speechless (in his stoic way.. haha) when he was being interviewed in the studio. To tatay and the rest of the other (good) fathers out there, MABUHAY KAYO!

Meanwhile, Mich had also permanently left the house after suffering from an anxiety attack. But not before her shouting match with Keanna, where the latter emotionally said "KFC ka kasi!". What she really meant was KSP. Hahaha. And that is why I also want Keanna to stay in the house. The house will be too sane, without her. Harhar.

And while I'm on the subject of PBB, the Cebu barkada think that a good friend might do a Sam Milby in the celebrity edition. I personally think his addition would certainly add flavor like no other. And he, being super-talented, deserves the exposure and the future opportunities that might open up. Cross fingers na lang for now ;)

(These are all my favorite pairs: White Filipinas -cure for the sadness and disgust I felt on the day of the Wowowee tragedy and I was actually wonderfully surprised to see our flag on the flip flops instead of the Brazilian flag; Pink High Look - 1st ever pair, which I bought after a fight with bestie and the Green Floral - easily made my favorite color from black to green, hehe)



And as a promise to myself, the Brasil Cup in Light Yellow or Navy Blue will be my last pair. (Hope Arlene finds it in Chandler. hehe)




* Photo borrowed from the Havaianas US website.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com