Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



V-DAY

I don’t want to seem bitter or jaded, but I don’t get the fuss about V-day. Even when I was in serious relationships, I wasn’t keen on celebrating the night along with a million other people. It was almost humiliating to have to negotiate for a table in a decent resto, to go through the traffic and basically just try to get through the night without dying of heart attack. How strange that would be, eh. Or ironic. Hahaha.

 

This year some of my single friends felt a little bit down about celebrating V-day alone. I understand how that can be kinda sad. But the truth is, I’m finding it hard to sympathize. I guess it’s because it’s been a while since I’ve celebrated V-day anyways. I was in love the last couple of years but it was with someone I was in a pseudo-relationship with. And of course, that meant no real dates for us. Thinking about it, my most memorable V-day was way back in high school. My then-boyfriend (who was 2 years my junior, wehehe) managed to buy me a bouquet of flowers and some chocolates. And I really felt so special that day. Not only was it almost impossible to afford such luxuries back then (I mean we were in high school and on allowance), but it was the only time that I felt what pure love really is. Love that is not tainted with any previous bad relationships or dishonesty and what not. No amount of expensive dates at posh restos can top that.

 

Of course, I turned out to be the bad relationship for my then-boyfriend. Yikes. Well, the only excuse I have is that we were both too young then. Not to mention, being involved with someone younger caused quite a stir. (Apart from the fact that we were only 15 and 13 at that time.. wahahaha).

 

But I digress. Going back to V-day and its potentially lethal effects on single people like me, in the end, it’s all a matter of perspective. Like everything else. How we see it is entirely up to us. I choose to see it just like any other day in my life. I particularly appreciated being able to go home early and catch some zzzzzz’s considering how I’ve lacked sleep for quite a while now. I still offered my hugs to my friends who felt a little lonely. They did have some good reasons to be. Made me realize how simple things can turn up to be so complicated. And that love isn’t really just about feelings. It’s about commitment and a lot of hard work to keep it going. But I don’t want to get into that.

 

After everything is said and done, I still do hope everyone had a great day yesterday. Cheers J






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com