Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



DEALING WITH MORTALITY

 

In the movie, Alfie, the main character dealt with a major turning point in his life when the doctor found a lump in his, uhm, organ. I find myself in the same boat right now.

 

I woke up @ 230AM this morning and was not able to get back to sleep. A few months ago, the attending physician on our on-site physical exam found some lumps in my left breast. I was advised to see a surgeon, and somehow I was too busy to do that. Or maybe, I was just afraid about what I would find out. This week, I decided it’s time to face the music. And I was convinced more than ever when I felt pain on my breast (still feeling it). I freaked out this morning and no matter how much I tried to comfort myself, I just couldn’t brush the sickening feeling I felt in my stomach. After tossing and turning a few times, it was already time to get up and get ready for work. One of the things I did was to research about breast cancer this morning. Thankfully, feeling pain is NOT a usual symptom of cancer. Still, there are the lumps that I have to deal with.

 

Those hours I lay awake, the only question that kept buzzing my head was whether people will remember me when I’m gone. Have I really touched the lives of the other people around me? Or will I just become another statistic.

 

Argh.

 






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com