Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



AMAZING RACE

It has been my fantasy to join Amazing race someday. I specially liked the Amazing race family edition because it was very Pinoy. You know, the race showed us that families always come first, no matter where we are in the world!

In reality, of course, I have to get in shape first. Hehe. But deep inside me is an adventurous person, who, in spite of the many fears, will end up doing what needs to be done anyways. Case in point: skydiving, bungee jumping. Believe me, for someone with such an irrational fear of heights, those were two of the most difficult things I ever did in my life.

Our Sagada adventure proved to me that my acrophobia is still there, but at least, it has not paralyzed me to the point where I will lose the utter joy in any task I choose to embark in. I loved everything we did in Sagada. From the long hike down to the Big Falls (passing through several bangin), to the spelunking cum rock climbing cum wall climbing, etc. I would do it again, definitely. I really would. It’s not a once-in-a-lifetime thing like that downhill biking we did in Makiling a few months back. Someone once told me, we have to try everything at least once. Life is not worth living if we choose to live in a box. True. True. And while I have stopped making lists of things to do before I die, I promised myself to do something new every year. This year, I managed to do a lot of new things WITHOUT regret. I even freakin’ ate balut for the 1st time ever. I had my 1st bite in Boracay (because we taunted our foreign visitors to do so, so I had to eat my share.. hehe). The 2nd bite was in our Christmas party because my boss is always the 1st to challenge me to do crazy things. Hahaha.

Speaking of no regrets, let me just put this in writing. Jay, I take back what I said. I will not run away from the memories. I will not regret anything. We make our choices, and the better man will always stand by those choices, no matter what the consequences. And if this other friend was right in saying I was just taken for a ride, then at least I enjoyed the ride while it lasted.

After all, isn’t our life just one long ride? If we don’t know how to enjoy it, bumps and all, then we are bound to live in misery. Life is one big amazing race to the finish line. But only if we let it happen.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com