Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



WHAT THE PACK

 

After all this time living a nomadic life, I never did develop a fondness for packing. I just don’t have the knack for packing light. If there was a book called “Packing Lite for Dummies”, I’ll be the 1st to buy it J Seriously. At the end of my trip, I always end up having too many unused outfits, and kikay stuff that are not only inessential but instead add more weight to my already heavy luggage. And yes, there’s the luggage. I practically have all sorts for different types of trips. But I always end up using the wrong luggage.

 

Case #1 – Backpacker blues. Since I am just not tall enough, carrying a hiker’s backpack makes me lose coordination. There’s always a tendency for me to roll down the hill, because the weight of the bag pulls me down. Law of gravity working very well here.

 

Case #2 – Carry-on dilemma. Carry-on’s are my favorite. More ergonomic and practical. But try doing that when you’re going to Bora, and you’re like a sight to behold.

 

Case #3 – Duffle bag with rollers. This is the one I chose for the upcoming weekend trip. I thought it was a brilliant idea until I tried to carry it. My shoulders almost fell off. And the rollers don’t work in the mountains. Gaah!

 

Then there is the perennial question of WHAT TO BRING?! I spend days planning what to bring, then always end up panic packing. In one trip to the U.S. I almost missed my flight since I was packing well into the early hours in the morning. I barely made it to my 8AM flight.

 

The wardrobe fitting sessions are the most fun. If the trip is a gimik trip, I try to do a quick modeling session to check if my gears are picture-friendly. Fashion first before comfort. Hehe. And for this trip, I spend three quarters of the time trying on different outdoor outfits. Since this is not my usual trip, I had difficulty deciding between my comfort and safety over fashion. Do I wear shorts at the risk of experiencing hypothermia or do I wear the right gear and look yaya in my pix? Tough question to answer J

 

Since we are going to the mountains, I decided to pack some “winter stuff”. I went through my winter collection, and found my scarves, bonnets and trench coat. I immediately went into my modeling mode and tried everything on, smelling musky because of long storage. Made me miss my winter days in Oregon. Got even sidetracked because of the senti distraction.

 

I finally finished my rev0 packing by 1AM. Result – eye bags that so badly need pampering. Oh yeah, there’s a rev2 packing session. Even a rev3 sometimes. At the end, I managed to trim my clothes – by 1 pair of pajamas. Hehehe.

 

Time to go take a shower. Sagada, here we come J

 

 

 






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com