Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



ADDICTED

 

I have many addictions. Drugs not included, unless maybe we put Advils under that category.

 

Hi, my name is Trixy, and I’m a flip-flop addict.

 

I was looking at my shoe collection last night, only to find that my flip-flops have crept their way into my collection. And I think that’s a bad thing. Whatever happened to marveling over nice pumps or slides? I have not worn shoes with heels higher than 1 inch for so long now, I don’t think I even know how to walk in one. So I told myself, once I buy my brown flip-flops, I’m done. That was last January. But the other Saturday, after sleeping in until 11AM, I opened my TV only to find a very depressing sight of several dead people lined up, only covered by paper. I was glued to the TV for about 4 hours, and it hurt, physically (my eyes) and emotionally (how we have let those people die like that). I did what I usually do to forget about the sad and depressing things. And no, it doesn’t include a tiny blue pill. Retail therapy. Went to the mall. Checked out the books, some clothes… And no matter how much I tried to steer clear of that little tempting shop with flip-flips of yummy colors, I found myself going in. Thankfully, they didn’t have the style I wanted (Blue Havaianas Top). I was both sad and relieved. Soon, I found myself upstairs in Rustan’s U! Still looking for my blue flip-flops. I tried on the dark blue Brasil ones, sat down and gave myself time to decide if I wanted them or not. Then my eyes wandered to the white ones, and from afar, I saw what I thought was a Philippine flag. Hmm… I’ve never heard of Havaianas slippers like that. I went nearer, and much to my delight, there were indeed Philippine flags on the straps. Without question, I knew this was going to be my last pair of Havaianas (I had to justify the purchase to myself). Haha.

 

Yesterday, I was waiting for class to start to I went around Powerplant. Of course, the first shop I visited was Aura. They had new black flip-flops with silver straps. It was so hard just to get out of there. I told myself, my Havaianas Filipinas were the last I would ever buy.

 

Well, maybe I will go for the blue ones, if they ever come J






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com