Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



MOVIE MANIA

 

I am a self-confessed film maniac. My romance with films started when a teacher showed Oro Plata Mata back in high school. She wanted to teach us about our country. I was awed and touched and realized the power movies have. Now I watch films for many reasons. Mostly for enjoyment. Sometimes to escape into another world. Often to bitch about it in the end. Depends on the mood, really. Like when I watched “Don’t Give Up On Us” recently, I was in my please-shoot-me-now mood. Hahaha.

 

So when someone asks me what my favorite film is, I don’t even know where to start. There are way too many. But I will definitely say that Godfather I and II are my two favorite films of all time. Hands down. Which basically translates to, I can watch it over and over again and never get tired. So here’s a stab of my movie list. I may miss some. Either I haven’t watched them. Or my memory has failed me.

 

Favorite Films of All Time (can watch over and over and over and over… again)

  1. Godfather I and II
  2. When Harry Met Sally
  3. For Love of the Game
  4. Under The Tuscan Sun
  5. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

 

Films that Touched my Heart and Soul (and made me think, cry, laugh hard)

  1. Shawshank Redemption
  2. The Green Mile
  3. Glory
  4. Ghost
  5. Mystic River
  6. Something’s Gotta Give
  7. Love Actually
  8. Lost in Translation
  9. Amores Perros
  10. Traffic
  11. Unfaithful
  12. I am Sam
  13. Dead Poet’s Society
  14. Dangerous minds
  15. Schindler’s List
  16. My Life As A House
  17. Life is Beautiful
  18. E.T.
  19. A Beautiful Mind
  20. Reality Bites
  21. With Honors
  22. Riding In Cars with boys
  23. The Girl With the Pearl Earring
  24. Age of Innocence
  25. Scarlet Letter
  26. Y Tu Mama Tambien
  27. Cinema Paradiso
  28. Amelie
  29. Malena
  30. City of God
  31. Somewhere in time
  32. Man on Fire
  33. The Rain Man
  34. Saving Private Ryan
  35. Gladiator
  36. Beautiful Boxer
  37. Big Fish
  38. Braveheart

 

Best Suspense/Thriller

  1. The Usual Suspects
  2. Silence of the Lambs
  3. The Sixth Sense

 

Best Comedies

  1. Bad Boys 1/2
  2. Shrek ½
  3. Lilo and Stitch
  4. Finding Nemo
  5. The Guru

 

Best Filipino Films (list is very stringent.. there are a few more ok ones of late..)

  1. Oro, Plata, Mata
  2. Isang ARaw Walang Diyos  (I watched this more than 2x back in high school.. this is the 2nd film I really loved)
  3. Bata, Bata PAno Ka Ginawa
  4. Sister Stella L
  5. Anak
  6. Hubog
  7. Bagong Buwan
  8. Panaghoy sa Suba
  9. Bagets (seriously, hahaha)
  10. Narinig Mo Na Ba ang Latest? (because this is one of my favorites lines ever: My brains are bigger than my boobs!... Hahaha. I echo that!)

 

Films I Haven’t seen but I know I should

  1. Citizen Kane
  2. Gone with the Wind
  3. Casablanca
  4. Magnifico
  5. Ang Pagdadalaga ni Maximo Oliveros
  6. Pulp Fiction

 

 






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com