Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



KAYSARAP PALANG MAGING PILIPINO


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





It's what made me watch Manny Pacquiao in his fight with Morales, even if I'm clueless about boxing. It's what made me beam with pride as I see an overpriced tsinelas carry our flag. It's what made me want to stay here, in spite of, despite of. LOVE AND PRIDE FOR MY COUNTRY.

But after an emergency meeting I had with my staff today, we got around to discussing about our national issues. One of my engineers candidly said, "Nowadays, it's hard to be proud to be a Filipino". I was taken aback and didn't really know how best to respond.

The truth is, I am this close to clamming up and go back to being apathetic. It's hard to fight for a cause, when the likes of Jinggoy, Binay, and all these people, including the former president Cory Aquino are diminishing the value of this cause, by showing up whenever one or two are gathered together, just to push their personal agenda. My technician said, the day of the EDSA anniversary, some people went around their area, to entice the residents to join the rallies, by handing a couple of hundred pesos. Paliit ng paliit na ang halaga ng dangal.

When the marine standoff happened at the Fort yesterday, these same personalities showed up to, they say, PRAY IN THE CHAPEL. I mean, pray tell, being a Catholic country, how many other chapels/churches do we have all over Manila?? Why do they love to feed on the paranoia of the people?

Our country is as divided as its 7,100 islands. The supposed unity of the opposition (or shoud I say, left and right opportunists) is nothing but a sham. And I will never support people who take every opportunity to create intrigues and provoke the mob.

But on the other hand, I despise PGMA for proclaiming 1017. For the 1st time, I felt fear (and disgust) in living in this country. And for the first time, I agreed that it's becoming hard to be proud of being Filipino. EDSA was about regaining our democracy. Isn't it a blatant disrespect for the heroes of this country, to be doing things like this?

All of a sudden, I no longer know what to do next. Maybe Jim Paredes may be onto something, after all.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com