Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



QUE VIDA LA MIA


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



What a nice start to my early weekend. Finals for this term's class is finally over and done with. Whew! Two more electives to go, then the dreaded STRAMA, and I'll be done with this school business. Yey. Really want to move on. MBA has gotten so old (and so have I, hahaha!).

Our group chose to hold our case study presentation at Caffe Maestro. It's a quaint little Italian resto located at (the former) Reposo St. in Makati. It has a small gallery on the 2nd floor (where the smoking area is). The antique furnitures are also for sale. The main dining area is downstairs, and has a lovely, romantic atmosphere during dinner time (soft lights, Italian music). But it's not cozy, though. The layout is business-like (4-6 seater tables, not that much space between tables). Tonight was not a busy night, probably only half the tables were filled, yet we can still clearly hear the laughter of four odd-looking businessmen two tables down. They were sometimes distracting, specially during the part when Prof was grilling us to the point of confusion. At the end of the nearly three hour defense, Prof admitted he got confused himself, and acknowledged that our solutions were actually right on track. And we were all like, oh-god-we-just-spent-forever-debating-through-this-whole-thing. He ended with a "very good", but until I see my grade, I'm holding off the celebration. Hehe.

But wait, we did reward ourselves with pana cota. Super orgasmic and delicious. It costs ~P220, but it's worth every centavo. Actually, the food was not bad. I loved their 4-cheese pizza and the seafood pasta (my normal Italian order). What is good about Italian cuisine is that it's so carbo loaded that sharing is almost always a must (since it's just so filling). And thus, though individual orders are a little pricey, a group of at least 4 will definitely get their money's worth. Oh, I also liked the eggplant parmesan (but I'm biased since eggplant is my absolute most favorite veggie). I give Caffe Maestro 3.5 stars (enough parking slots, accomodating staff adds to the list of good things).

___
I'm off to the Queen City of the South in a bit. Hopefully, I can get together with my friends before I head off to our family reunion in the north. My schedule is pretty tight (and since there are no A/T cars back home, I'm practically at the mercy of my little brother, to be able to get around). I intend to make this getaway more relaxing than harried. Cross fingers.

In the meantime, I need to finish packing and try to travel light since no one is bringing me to the airport. And this is one of the times I actually miss having a boyfriend. Hahaha!

___
Speaking of boyfriends, for the record, in spite of my ex, I do love my ex "in-laws". While my ex and I were together, they accepted me into the family and loved me liked their own. Of course, at the end of the day, blood is still thicker than water, so they were "blind" to the faults of my ex. Or maybe the right term is tolerant. Anyway, I realized I was quite harsh in referring to them in a previous post, in my attempt to be sarcastic. They don't deserve it. In fact, we are still in touch, and when I told them I might be going "home", they were quite excited and invited me to stay with them. I miss the kids. It would have been nice just to hug them one more time. But then again, keeping the communication lines open to a bare minimum is ok. Opening my heart once more, is dangerous. I had to remind myself not to get too close. It took me a while before I felt whole again. And that's an understatement.

___
I don't know how to end this post except that I overslept. That is how much I've been sooooooo tired lately. But glad I'll be taking a break and hope to be back with a renewed mind and spirit.

Tata, everyone. Happy weekend.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com