Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



HAPPY WOMEN'S DAY


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



They say the day we stop celebrating women's day is the day we are finally victorious. That is the day when the female stereotype of being submissive to men will be rid off. That is the day when men stop looking at women like objects or pasttimes. That is the day when real equality happens in the workplace, when women don't have to work doubly hard in order to prove they are as capable as their male counterparts. That is the day when we no longer need a holiday to remind ourselves, and the rest of the world, of our worth.

My personal advocacy is abuse against women. I've been there. And while it was happening, I was looking at myself from afar, dying a little each day. And dying some more with every abuse I received. But I'm very blessed to have a solid support system, and soon I found myself standing up and fighting back. Not everyone is as strong or as blessed. And some women still believe that domestic violence is normal in relationships. It's NOT.

There's an article here that explains what abuse is. Information is always power. Excerpt below.
"Psychological battering -- The abuser's psychological or mental violence can include constant verbal abuse, harassment, excessive possessiveness, isolating the woman from friends and family, and depriving her of food, money, clothes, and destroying her personal property. "

Take a look around you. Look closer. Someone you know may be experiencing some kind of abuse. And the best way to help is reach out. Believe me. My family and friends literally saved my life.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com