Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



FLIP-FLOP DISDAIN


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Some of my officemates are going to a conference and they were told to wear "business casual". When asked what that meant, the coordinator replied - whatever you wear to work.

So I said, for me, that meant flip-flops. Hahaha. That description is not quite right.

college girls wearing flip-flops in the White House


I'm not 100% sure, but I suspect I was the first one who wore flip-flops to the office. To the disdain of my ex-boss. "You're always wearing flip-flops.." He told me one time. Which I guess really meant "Why the hell do you keep wearing flip-flops?"...

For a stuck-up generation who eat and breathe AR's for a living, the flip-flop is an insult. It symbolizes a laid-back personality, forever on vacation mode. And at work, people penalize or judge you for having a life. It's almost like a sin to be doing something on your weekends other than read your emails or draft proposals or make powerpoint presentations.

Wearing flip-flops makes you look too comfortable. Too relaxed. It becomes a perception issue. And while I don't really care, I decided to keep the rebel girl in me at bay and start toning down things a bit. Besides, there are too many people wearing Havaianas at work now. Time to set a new trend. Wahaha.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com