Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



AFTERTHOUGHTS FROM FNTP #2


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



* FNTP = Friday Night Tea Party.

Less drama this time. Basically, we talked business. But the afterthought came after that FNTP, when I texted Ali after I arrived home. Somehow, we continued on our discussion, and at the end of it, we talked about our dreams. Unfortunately, neither of us really know what our dreams are anymore. I myself have been in the rut for so long now. And Ali said, she felt lost. I know the feeling too well.

And yet, if there is one thing I learned from my entrep class, it is to never lose hope and start acting on that dream. It will take a little soul-searching, some creativity, and tons of guts. We just need to remember that dreams really don't go away. They may be well-hidden and supressed as soon as we went into auto-pilot mode (tricked by the "steady" paycheck and whatever perks), but they are still there. And just to add, the Friday office letter just reinforced that there is really no such thing as a "steady" paycheck, no matter how high up you are in the corporate ladder. Some people learn that the hard way. We are lucky we are well-aware of our options.

I started reading an ebook I downloaded from an sme newsletter site. I haven't finished reading, but these words just hit right smack to the core.

"I know it's hard to try new things, especially if you're in a comfortable situation or even in an uncomfortable situation that's annoying but isn't bad enough to leave. It's just too much of a hassle to try something different. I know. The rut is deep.

But if you really want to do something different, you're going to have to do something different than you've been doing..."

As Einstein once said, insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result.

We can't be without dreams, and insane. Sobrang loser na 'yan! Hehehe.

So, let's just go find our dreams and cash in on them while we're at it ;)

____
btw, Ali, someone else beat us to our idea :) Howell. Sa kanya ang Makati, sa atin na lang ang Cavite. Hahaha.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com