Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



SUMMER HAPPINESS


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I love summers. Childhood summers were mostly spent at play with my siblings, cousins and village friends. Childhood summers were fun, scary (if spent in my parents' hometown where there used to be no TV and all that modern stuff), exciting, and every year, we were always doing something new. To piano lessons I never completed because my teacher spanked my hands so often. To swimming lessons gone awry when I contracted a viral infection because of the icky pool @ YMCA. To the "camping" sessions I had with my siblings in our mini Nipa hut situated in our backyard, where we would cook using those cute red clay pots and sleep together in one room, with just "banig" and kumot.

My teenage summers were mostly spent in school. I loved my high school so much. We were young, restless and free. We climbed hills (or mountains for teeners like us, haha), trekked rivers, played in the fields, did mostly nothing except have fun.

So much of my summers are associated with happy memories, I always light up when summers come. I don't like the sun all that much now. But I love the warm breeze, the smell of sea, and the calming feel of sand in my feet.

And that is why I truly enjoyed the quick but relaxing Laiya getaway. La Luz is a nice lovely place. But the 4km stretch fugly road definitely needs a makeover. I hope Governor Vi takes action on this soon. Hehehe.


La luz is probably overrated but I loved the loft we stayed in. It was spacious and clean. Hanging out in one of the cabanas is probably one of my favorite activities - what could be better than drinking, playing mindless games like bluff and category games, and just talking about life and general things. Nothing heavy. Just all light stuff that makes summers happy.

The food was so-so. My most favorite meal was breakfast. I liked the way the eggs were cooked. And processed meat are just the best. Harhar.

All in all, it was a lovely, restful getaway in the company of great friends.

Now I'm looking forward to some stress-free me time where I can wake up to see a long stretch of white-sand beach just a few steps away from bed, and look forward to a day of doing nothing but lounge and sip pina coladas, read a book or two, get a massage, watch people, listen to music, and view lovely sunsets I wish I can bottle up.

Labels: , , , ,






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com