Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



A FAMILY AFFAIR
Whew! What a week! My folks flew in from Cebu, each with respective business purposes. I definitely welcomed their visit to my humble condo unit. Of course, I was no longer used to having more than three people move around in the one-bedroom unit, but I loved having them over. For the first time in years, I had a family to come home to after a tiring day at work. My mom would prepare dinner for us. (I’ve had to come by without eating at night most of the time since I’d be too tired to prepare anything decent to eat or even get food to go). And even better, every single night last week, my mom would massage me to ease my aches away. She successfully dispersed all the stress from work, and from driving from Cavite to Makati mostly everyday. And like the miracles he was always able to pull off while growing up, my dad was able to dislodge the key that has been stuck to my doorknob for 3 months now. And it’s not as if no one tried to remove that key. ;) Most of all, it just felt warm and comfortable to have my folks nearby. Happy memories from childhood flashed by. As young children, my sisters, brother and I would jump into my parents’ bedroom every night just before going to sleep, and wrestle with my dad. He has a beer belly, so the four of us would take turns making “paburot” his belly. :) Paburot is a Cebuano term for blowing into something, like blowing up a balloon, to make it even bigger. And while we (My two ates, their kids, my bro and myself) gathered together in my parents’ hotel room during their last night here in Manila, we were horsing around, but this time, the grandchildren were the ones taking turns making “paburot”. I have a total of 6 nephews/nieces now, 2 each from all my married siblings (three boys and three girls!)… The eldest is already 14 yrs old, and it seemed just like yesterday when I would tag along this curly-haired tot to school, and he would be mistaken for my child (since I had a wavy-haired boyfriend, then) :) And now he is way taller than I am, and his feet two times longer than mine! How time flies indeed!
My parents’ visit was also timely since they celebrated their 39th wedding anniversary last Nov. 11 (WOW!), and one of my nephews celebrated his 12th birthday last November 15. So we had a weeklong celebration - family dinners, coffee time, karaoke, trivia games (a la Weakest Link), tong-its sessions, and swimming. Only Ann and Eyen were not around, since Ann is now based in Taiwan (she lives with her husband and two lovely children, her youngest daughter AJ is also the youngest apo) and Eyen was not able to take time off work in Cebu. Dong, our youngest and only brother, has been staying with me for the last month or so, since I just really miss having company at home…
Although I admit, the week was quite stressful since I have been so used to being on my own for more than five years now. Di na ako sanay being fussed about. Definitely, I’m not used to asking permission anymore just to go out, or having to check in every now and then if I’m still out. Di rin ako sanay to have so many people in my home at a single time. I felt claustrophobic in the beginning, but now that they have gone back home, I miss my mom or my dad asking me whether I have eaten or not, or whether I wanted hotdog or longganiza. The past week also made me appreciate my family even more, and that even if I claim to be independent and able to make it on my own, having loved ones around and being filled with each other’s love is what makes life worth living. Thank u Papski, Mamsi, Ate Channie, Ate Ais, Ann, Eyen, Dong, my brothers-in-law: Kuya Seng, Milan and Tom, my nephews: Tonton, Chinchin, TJ and nieces: Cheche, Mia and AJ. All of you mean so much to me, and without your love, living alone will definitely be lonely. But the knowledge of your love not only gives me strength but inspiration as well. :)

post script:
Aside from the natural high of spending quality time with my loves ones, another "high" that made my week even happier is a "kilig" development, and the details of which I'm not yet ready to divulge, lest I jinx anything. :-)

btw, Fudz, your Harry Potter blog reminded me that I need to read your book before the movie gets to the theatres. I just feel so out of place, but if anything, I realize that it’s definitely worth checking out. Even if you’re not a professional movie critic, I definitely trust your judgment (after claiming, of course, that great minds think alike, haha)!

Wanna share your natural highs? :-)






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com