Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



COSMO GIRL
Just earned a new nick at work. Fudz somehow convinced me to get featured in the career close-up. I was kind of wary at first, I mean, though I like what I’m doing most of the time, I didn’t think a lot of people would find what I do very interesting. Besides, I’m really not very comfy about blasting too much personal info about myself to the public-at-large, specially to my workmates (I just didn’t know how they would react to that as geeks are very low profile, right?). But in the end, I saw no real harm in doing it, so there it was in the October edition, my fourth of a page, 30 seconds of fame! :) I just told my family and close friends about it, and just one from work (Carlo, who just turned 30, btw. Happy birthday and bon voyage! Don’t forget my ref magnet..). I dunno, I guess being read about is not part of my “things I want to do before I turn 30” list. I certainly didn’t expect people at work to actually read Cosmo, you know, geeks and Cosmo just don’t jive! But apparently, this notion is not real then. Hah, really surprising revelation. The nice thing about it was that I suddenly heard from people I haven’t heard from in ages! Right, Luis? And people who didn’t normally say hi to me in the hallways suddenly took some time to actually have a conversation with me (haha, they were all just curious how I landed in Cosmo!). But there’s this one weird encounter in our office restroom that kind of amused me, but also set off my paranoia. This girl I have not worked with or met, suddenly called my attention while I was brushing my hair. “Trixy?”, she said and I nodded to that, giving her this do-I-know-u look. “I saw you in Cosmo. I was wondering how you got featured there. Did you write to the editor to get yourself printed there?” Gosh, like I’m some kind of publicity-hungry girl! Anyway, I just smiled at her, and politely said, no, I was actually asked, then left, but not without getting paranoid. As I was walking back to my cube I was asking myself if people were actually thinking that I’m, well, KSP. After a while, I regained my composure and went about with my usual don’t-care attitude and just decided to enjoy the attention while it lasted. After all, it’s not everyday that a geek finds herself in the same magazine as Reese Witherspoon, and well, Kama Sutra. Haha.
Leave ur thoughts. :-)

post script: The cable guys finally came. Yipey!






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com