Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I WILL SURVIVE
American Adobo is using “I Will Survive” as it’s theme song. As I’ve mentioned before, this movie has elicited my interest. Though I’m not a permanent U.S. resident, my work has brought me to that country on temporary assignments in the last five years. Living in a foreign country, away from your comfort zone, your regular support group, your loved ones is tough as tough gets. Now, about the song, I suddenly found that I liked it since it’s very timely and echoing what I’ve been feeling after that “letting go” episode. I can finally truly say I’m officially out of the woods, and yes, I know I will survive! I’m posting excerpts of the song…

Once I was afraid, I was petrified
Kept thinkin I could never live without you by my side
Then I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong
Then I grew strong, and I learned how to get along

Word to the one who tried to hurt me with a lie
You think I'd crumble, you think I'd lay down and die?
Oh no, not I, I will survive
For as long as I know how to love I know I'm still alive
I've got all my life to live, I've got all my love to give
And I'll survive, I will survive

I used all the strength I have not to fall apart
Kept trying hard to mend the pieces of my broken heart
And I spent, oh, so many nights feeling sorry for myself
I used to cry, but now I hold my head up high
Yeah, you see me, somebody new
I'm not that gentle little girl that's still in love with you


Speaking of songs, our BusCom class had a get-together tonight. Had dinner at Grilla over in Kalayaan, then afterwards to IO in Jupiter where we sang our hearts out. I guess videoke will never get outdated here in Pinas. Not only do Noypi’s love to sing, we definitely sing well! :P

I guess one of the perks of MBA are the friendships formed along the way. The camaraderie in our classes not only fosters a relaxed atmosphere but it alleviates the difficulties in working and studying at the same time.

Quickies (short, quick notes :D)
* A friend was texting me regarding his Christmas gift. “It’s just cheap lang, but you’ll appreciate it after you use it! :)” and I go “Oh, you’re giving a condom! ;)” LOL!
* Was listening to the radio the other day and the DJ's were asking the listeners what were the weird things they kept in their wallets. One of them actually kept a note written by an ex-GF who wanted to get back together. Just a note, eh! But she wrote it on a pantyliner (a clean one, I hope)! Anyway, I went through my wallet and guess what I found? A three year-old tissue paper where an ex-BF wrote his phone number. And the weird part is, he actually gave this to my then boyfriend (who happened to be his basketball teammate back in grade school) when they bumped into each other in an airport, after like 10 years since they last saw each other.
* Still on the weird category, my crush (ok, kill me for being so juvenile!) gave me a receipt with his signature as a memento, and now I’m keeping it in my wallet also! :D
* Had dinner with an old friend the other night and then I realized that majority (maybe 80%) of the significant/important men (past and present) in my life have 1st names/2nd names/nicknames/last names starting with the letter J! The list includes my best male friends, ex-boyfriends, special friends, crushes, and the guy who’s been making me laugh and smile lately… For example, Jerome: one was my longtime high school crush, the second was my best soccer buddy who almost became my boyfriend during high school if not for an unfortunate circumstance and the third was my long-term college boyfriend. John: two good male office friends.
* I thought it was cute that “he” drove me to IO last night because he wanted to keep me company and just had his driver follow us to our destination. Kilig… :)






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com