Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



SDA
I am probably one of those afflicted with SDA – the Senseless Desire to Acquire. Every time I go to the mall to buy gifts for loved ones, I always end up buying something for myself as well. This article perfectly explains it.

For the first time in years, I started thinking about my finances. I have always been a wanton spender. Fortunately, I never got myself into debt. My credit card bills still get paid on time, and I still have some savings I can bank on come rainy days. And yet, I had started to withdraw from my savings account already. And if I didn’t stop myself, I would have spent all of it on stuff I either do not need, or rarely use. I have four closets full of clothes and stuff (not to mention the one I still keep back home), I have over 30 pairs of shoes, and gazillions of trinkets and knick-knacks still stacked in my drawers since I don’t have space in my tiny condo unit to put them. And yet, there are thousands of others out there who have so much less. Way less.

So yesterday I started cleaning up my closet. My goal is to reduce my belongings to half by end of the year. No. 1, that means I won’t have to buy another closet; no. 2, I can finally take clothes out of my suitcase; and no. 3, I will be helping a lot of other people who will put my stuff into very good use. Not to mention I can now move freely in my condo. :)

I usually don’t make resolutions because I rarely keep them. But I have one for next year. I will be a smart buyer next time around, and I will always ask these questions before I grab an item and head to the registers. Is it necessary? Can I afford it? What is this new thing really costing me? Can my money be used for better purposes?

Desaturate is what he calls it. Best idea I’ve come across with in months.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com