Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



ANOTHER LONG WEEKEND – PART II
We stayed in The Linden Suites in Ortigas last Wednesday night. I loved watching the lights from the sky and the city below before going to sleep. Lovely sight. But I’m getting ahead of myself. Earlier, we had dinner in Grill 56. I ordered their special called “budbod”, or toppings. The rice was kind of sticky, exactly the kind I like, mixed with tomato and sprinkled with scrambled egg. I chose the beef tapa topping since they were out of calamares (I just love seafood), which I heard is the bestseller. Sumptuous. The resto gave a new touch to the regular tapsilog, another fave. After dinner we walked to Pearl Drive Plaza, just missing the mini-tiangge by a few minutes. We capped the night away at Starbucks. We finally got back to the hotel around midnight. I managed to get a few hours of sleep. Got up early to go to work (in Cavite). Good thing it was already Thurs., the last work day this week, because I was feeling lousy, and was suffering from pain and discomfort due to you-know-what. Anyway, a dose of Advil took care of that later on.

It was an officemate’s birthday yesterday, and he invited me to join him and his high school friends in Eastwood City Walk in Libis last night. It was the first time I went there, and I’m impressed. There really is ample parking space, a great relief, because the other hangouts in Libis are usually jam-packed and finding space is just stressful (though valet parking is an available option). It’s a well-lighted version of The Fort, and the crowd is quite varied, it’s easy to fit in. You won’t be horrified at the thought that only you and your group is not making beso with the rest of the crowd. The resto choices vary from McDonald's to Fazoli’s. We went to a sports bar called Bargo (they have billiards at the 2nd floor, ~PHP200 an hour). The drinks were reasonably priced, too. So now you know why I woke up with a hangover this morning ;-). The only thing is, if you stay outdoors, don’t expect to have decent conversation, as it is just too noisy as you can hear music from the nearby clubs. The club called Onion something seemed pretty packed, too. And for coffee lovers like me, there’s an SBC (Seattle’s Best Coffee) as well. The night went well except that after spending a couple of hours with my officemate’s friends, I realized I didn’t even remember any of their names. Oh well.

Ok. I’m supposed to go shopping today because I haven’t begun my Christmas shopping yet. And it’s only 25 days away! Which reminds me, we had to scrap the idea of joining the Rockwell tiangge thingy because Karmina took so long in making the inquiries and we just didn’t have sufficient time to make preparations. Anyway, it’s going to start tom. So I guess we will just shop instead of sell. And yeah, today is the last day of the Nike sale in Rufino Tower. I dunno if I’m going or not. The thought of making siksik with other people is just so unappealing. Sleep sounds so much better. Besides I have to rest because I’m going out again tonight :)

Link:
RuPaul - Ru looks very different when he's not in drag. Very male! He writes good stuff, too.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com