Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



ANOTHER LONG WEEKEND
Wow! I can’t remember this much vacation time here in the Phils. Or maybe it’s because I’m mostly away from home since I’ve been working so I have no idea! So anyway, today is Bonifacio day. Sad, but all it means to me right now is that I’ll be out of office (OOO) today. I guess I have become the apathetic b*****d I’ve always loathed during my tibak (activist) days back in school. Perhaps, it all started when I signed up to work in a multinational company, one that is steering the economic fate of the rest of the world at that, our wonderful but third world country included.

I guess by now you’ve noticed how much I long for time off from work. Am I stressed? Burnt out? Bored? I’m probably only about half as busy compared to the last two quarters. The maximum number of calls I get during weekends is five, versus every hour before. My team and I used to be the center of most operations and game plan meetings. Now, I only hear my name whenever the capacity and planning folks needs me to pull off a miracle so we can support more volume. Which is very rare, as they know I’ve simply run out of tricks. My product has almost reached EOL (end of life). And we’ve about squeezed every bit of juice out of it.

It must be the uncertainty due to upcoming change and transition. Not that I don’t have options. It’s just that every time I go through all this, I always go back to square one, and I always end up asking, “What do I really want to do with my life?” And most of the time, I just don’t have answers.

I’ve once told Fudz that I got to where I am mostly by accident. Though I did not exactly map out my career before I stepped out into the real world, I had other things in mind back then. I have always wanted to write. Perform. Interface with people. Hmm. I guess I still got what I wanted. I write over 40 emails a day. Half of them nasty ones telling people to do their jobs, meet indicators or commitments (only kidding about being “nasty” ;-)), a fourth of them sending meeting minutes, reports or updates and updating calendars, and the last fourth divided among responses to my bosses (sometimes with a simple “ack” as a sign of courtesy), personal emails, answering company surveys. I still perform. Not on stage. But my duties and responsibilities as so defined AND others that are yet to be determined. And I certainly am getting my share of interfacing with people. I envisioned project teams, cast members. But yelling during meetings still counts as interfacing, right? And since computers have brains, too, I guess they can take the place of people sometimes.

So here I am, still lacking sleep (with a hangover to boot) from last night’s partying, already ranting away. I should just go back to sleep. (I had to get up to email some updates I missed sending out yesterday since I was in a hurry to get back to Makati from Cavite, because somehow Manufacturing always find reasons to hold you up every Friday or last day of the week if they catch you still in the office beyond 4PM.)

I will blog about the happy side to my long weekend in a while.. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz……..






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com