Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



PART III
November 30, 2001 will be a date I will remember. No, it was not the dinner at Gerry’s in Libis even if the food was fine as expected, and the ambiance is characteristically distinct. It was not the gimik afterwards at Streetlife in Makati. The fact that it now has a new bar (huge one) in front of the main entrance or that it is newly renovated and looks more modern, has nothing to do with it. Yes, I did have fun last night. I discovered this drink called “Blue Oasis” which is rum mixed with pineapple juice (or is it pineapple flavored rum?). Yummy. But after having four of those, I began to wonder if it really was an alcoholic drink so I had to switch to good ol’ reliable San Mig Light. :-) It definitely wasn’t the so-so band whose name I didn’t even bother to ask. Not the food inside, either (I noticed that there seems to be fewer restos now, though you can still sample Angelino’s delicious pizza). It was the reason behind the celebration. The real reason.
Well, I don’t wanna mention names yet, but one of my best friends got engaged and last night was the official announcement! It was so surreal. I guess I couldn’t really imagine anyone among the four of us gals will ever get married, with all this career women, millennium women business. But, I am so happy for you, dearie!!! This is definitely a big milestone. CONGRATULATIONS! I can’t wait till your wedding. :) So excited.

Postscript:
There is also another reason why I’m happy (and so are the two other girls). See, years ago, the four of us had an agreement that whoever gets married first should ensure everyone is present during the wedding. The bride will take care/incur the necessary expenses such as airline tickets, lodging and other logistics to make that happen. And so the three of us are now spared from what could be a really expensive deal. I mean, who knows where I’ll be in December next year. In the U.S., maybe? :P






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com